NC 2016 Gubernatorial Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:59:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC 2016 Gubernatorial Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC 2016 Gubernatorial Discussion Thread  (Read 46026 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: December 01, 2013, 12:48:52 AM »

MSNBC looks at NC's shift to the right and highlights Moral Mondays. As much as I dislike him, I think the article casts McCrory as the villain a bit much. Yes, he's been a poor Governor, but I think its because he's had to play ball with the real loony tunes who control the Assembly.

The challenge for Moral Monday supporters and the NAACP will be keeping up the 'flame', so to speak, into 2014 and beyond. There will likely be less momentum for them in 2014 though. Traditionally, the more controversial bills are passed in the first session after an election cycle while the second session is reserved for the less polarizing stuff. Still, this Assembly is quickly throwing out vestiges of the old 'regime'...

It is MSNBC after all, I'm not one bit surprised....

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

As for Moral Mondays, its hard to see them bringing any affect on their states government. They can energize and notify people whats going on, but the politicians won't stop until they're out of office. So their goal is to grow this protesting movement as big as they possibly can and keep it lasting until 2014.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies