Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:17:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread**  (Read 20603 times)
pepper11
United States

« on: August 11, 2012, 09:46:49 AM »

Also, Has MSNBC been showing field hockey all morning?

Probably a good thing for a Republican VP rollout
pepper11
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 10:46:21 AM »
« Edited: August 11, 2012, 10:48:06 AM by pepper11 »

Excellent choice.

I don't see any reason he would hurt in Florida though.  The Ryan plan does not affect Medicare for anyone older than 55. If Democrats want to scare people about the plan, wouldn't the people who may be affected by the plan (less than 55) be the ones getting scared.

Unless they blatantly lie about it (which could be done to any VP candidate about anything, so that's not a weakness inherent to Ryan).
pepper11
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »

Obama's InTrade numbers have ticked up a bit, he now has a bout a 20% lead (around 58-38)

yesterday he was at 60..there hasn't been a change.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »

Quick internet polls are usually a bit sill but i have NEVER EVER seen one at msnbc.com showing a favorable conservative / Republican result until today with 50+ vs 30+ saying Ryan is a good choice.  Between that and the unreal enthusiasm from the base, if I were a Democrat I am not sure I would be gleeful as some seem.  He will get attacked, but so would any other choice. Between his smarts and his happy warrior demenor, he won't get pigeonholed as a goon like Palin did.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »

Well, good for Romney. I don't know if he's going to win or not, but he needed a game changer, and this was the right way to do it.

This is not a game changer. A game changer would be to go the opposite way and pick a moderate (Brian Sandoval?).

Those D+9 samples would have become the norm.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 12:36:14 PM »

Romney needed a narrative. Ryan gave him one. 

Also, this is the first time since early primaries that Staples and Sports Authority were used to promote Romney's business background.  Not sure why it took picking a VP to do this however...
pepper11
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 04:38:35 PM »

Quick internet polls are usually a bit sill but i have NEVER EVER seen one at msnbc.com showing a favorable conservative / Republican result until today with 50+ vs 30+ saying Ryan is a good choice.  Between that and the unreal enthusiasm from the base, if I were a Democrat I am not sure I would be gleeful as some seem.  He will get attacked, but so would any other choice. Between his smarts and his happy warrior demenor, he won't get pigeonholed as a goon like Palin did.

A freeped internet poll? LOL!

So its pure chance that EVERY other poll on MSNBC has shown pro Dem consensus?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies