How do some liberals/Democrats protect themselves without a gun? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:12:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How do some liberals/Democrats protect themselves without a gun? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do some liberals/Democrats protect themselves without a gun?  (Read 8250 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 17, 2018, 02:12:04 PM »

Protect themselves from what? Some non existent epidemic of home invasions?

Lol home invasions, armed robberies and car jackings happen quite often where I live.

Ultimately this is an issue about poverty, though guns being smuggled in from more lax counties doesn't help....still you have to be pretty sheltered to think these things aren't happening, daily in some places.
yeah i've literally walked past people i knew were going to try to mug me before (room mate at the time wasn't so lucky). not now but when i was living around a rough area of connecticut going to college near by. very glad i don't live there anymore. i do support some gun control, i guess, but i don't want to ban 'assault weapons' again
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 09:45:37 PM »

There's no reason AR-15s shouldn't be banned.
The vast majority of the ones already in the hands of citizens are used for hunting, as well as target practice and competitive shooting. Very, very few are actually used for killing people. So there really is no reason to ban them.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
It's a civilian version of a military weapon. They're no more dangerous than modern hunting rifles. In fact, they function exactly the same. I can easily modify my family's hunting rifles to be more "dangerous" than what you think an AR-15 is but you folks wouldn't be calling for banning them because they don't look as scary. Stop pretending that banning a gun that is very rarely used in killing is "common sense", especially when it's really just emotional, childish logic with little to no facts to support it.
well it's kind of pointless to ban them because the manufacturers would make just a few minor changes to comply with the law and sell similar guns. like the last time it happened. i think even brtd said something similar a few threads ago
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 12:07:16 AM »

I don’t understand the question, sorry. Protect myself from what?
people. you can't trust them.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 12:13:17 AM »

don't trust anyone not even yourself
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies