If the 2024 GOP Nominee isn't Pence (or any Trump) then who? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:21:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If the 2024 GOP Nominee isn't Pence (or any Trump) then who? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If the 2024 GOP Nominee isn't Pence (or any Trump) then who?  (Read 739 times)
Boobs
HCP
« on: May 20, 2019, 11:51:44 AM »

Why do people think there is any widespread political appetite for Nikki Haley in the modern Republican Party? Sure, she would've been a fantastic pic for the Bush-era Republican Party, but a minority woman on the moderate wing of the party has no chance in winning a national primary. I doubt she would even win South Carolina in a presidential primary.

DeSantis seems like a good bet, although it'll depends on his reelection in 2022 (local popularity in Florida won't matter, however) and, with the FLDemocrats as his opponent, I'd wager he pulls it off.

Rick Scott makes sense as a candidate but I feel like he doesn't really have an ideological base – he's not Trumpy enough for the Trumpists, not moderate enough for the dying moderate wing, not evangelical – so who exactly is he appealing to?

Ted Cruz will most certainly run again but he's outclassed in appeal to groups other than evangelicals, and them alone is not enough to win a primary. He's the strongest of the evangelical line candidates.

Marsha Blackburn is interesting, but she screams "running mate" rather than first fiddle. She could be DeSantis's Pence.

Tom Cotton will definitely run but I'm not sure how much influence the natsec wing still has. But I could see him effectively rebrand himself as a hardcore Trumpist.

Some establishment favorites could be Tim Scott, Rob Portman, maybe Greg Abbott, but if any of them run they'd become the de facto "moderates" in the race and probably not get anywhere.

Wildcards? The other freshmen senators from 2018 – Cramer, Hawley, Braun – who'd likely flounder as they do not necessarily have a political niche from which they can build their initial support.

LOL at Baker. Next.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies