RNC Attendees Throw Nuts at Black Camerawoman, "This is how we feed animals" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:55:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  RNC Attendees Throw Nuts at Black Camerawoman, "This is how we feed animals" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RNC Attendees Throw Nuts at Black Camerawoman, "This is how we feed animals"  (Read 2783 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: August 31, 2012, 12:32:57 AM »

The way this is being reported is odd. What could have led up to this?  Sure there are racists, but that can't be the whole story. This sort of rudeness more often comes as a response to a particular situation rather than just an urge out of the blue.  And where did they get the nuts? 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 02:00:35 AM »

And where did they get the nuts? 

The Republican convention is full of them.
I don't think they let food in the convention hall but I could be wrong.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »

And where did they get the nuts?  

The Republican convention is full of them.
I don't think they let food in the convention hall but I could be wrong.

I could be mistaken, but what - short of the black camerawoman yelling, "Hit me, honkies!" to the individuals in question - would even provoke such a response such like this? Perhaps the response was not overtly racist; we were not there to know for sure. However, I don't see how this could at all be justified as "OK" even in a non-racist context.

That context is what I'm wondering about.  There's no evidence this camerawoman did anything wrong. But something must have led up to this in some sense, that they were responding to something, real or imagined.   
That throwing things at people and calling them "animals" is unjustified in any situation goes without saying, I would hope.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies