Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 07:42:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tulsi in Iowa, impresses many.  (Read 7107 times)
politics_king
United States

« on: October 21, 2017, 04:12:38 AM »

If you look at my first post, it's about Tulsi Gabbard, I've always been a fan, I think she's genuine and the smear campaign against her is nuts. We all come from a background where we've made mistakes or have family, friends or colleagues that have done questionable things which could be associated with our thinking. And we've changed our minds on things too.

Now I went with a Gabbard/Perez 2020 ticket theme on my early posts, I completely change my mind on that now. I don't think Perez is suited for National politics, I think he may have found his place but he's doing some questionable things at the DNC but at the same time the Democratic Party is in an interesting place. The Old Guard is going against the New Guard and eventually the New Guard is going to win. Just look at the Republican Party.

She plays smart politics, when she was going up against the DNC, she probably wasn't being heard and she was coming from the "Bernie-wing" of the party, or like minded thinking. She made a calculated move to endorse but she had to resign to do it because of DNC rules. It's a gutsy political move to make and I believe it worked for her.

Her ideas on Syria, are misguided in a sense, but her mindset is in the right place. Nobody can accuse Assad of being a decent human being, he's a murderous dictator but his regime is fighting people who are not Saints. If you dig deep enough in the internet, the "Moderates" and ISIS are beheading children, they have videos. The chemical warfare by Assad is dangerous and very scary. This is where Tulsi has gotten herself into trouble.

But as any person will tell you, the Middle East is a very complicated place. I like to believe the Western influence is slowly growing but it is a warzone, the entire region of the Middle East it's just a functioning societal warzone. One of my closest friends is a Staff Sgt. in the Army and he's a very liberal man with a minority background. He's a classic, brave, United States soldier who always tells me, "My job is to protect the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic."

It's great way of expressing our Freedoms and how he defends our Freedoms through the ultimate sacrifice. His life. He did a tour in Afghanistan and when he came back, it was horrific, I was afraid for him of what he seen, did, and what he lost in those Wars. His brothers and sisters in arms, the enemies he killed and believe me, some of them are completely heartbreaking because he was on the defense and others where commands came in and his superiors followed them.

He was a Combat Medic and when you really learn about that job, it's to me, one of the most honest parts of the field. Now he's still there and works at a station in the United States. Which is great and he's gotten better over the years. But the "Scars of War" is such a true quote of harmony. Because hearing about it from him and others, it's a very grounding way to view this courageous profession whether you believe it is right or wrong.

So, getting back to the topic at hand. I think Tulsi Gabbard knows this, and has that experience, now people keep trying to throw at her that she has Islamophobia". You could say this about one of my closest friends but they've seen the warzone and they know it. Now if she really was this person then...

https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/status/806440310616125440?lang=en

Why does she endorse Keith Ellison for DNC Chair? Some will say she's an opportunist, etc. But honestly, she's apart of the "Bernie-wing" or "Progressive" wing on the party. She's one of the pushers of the agenda to make the NEW Democratic Party. I've personally always liked her and if you really go to her site and read what she's about. I think you'd be for... the majority of her stances, for it. That's my piece on this subject and hopefully it's back on track after the off-topic railroad happened a page ago until now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies