Jeb Bush in 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:17:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Jeb Bush in 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeb Bush in 2008  (Read 3348 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 03, 2005, 11:01:49 PM »

JFRAUD?  The stuff that is *puked* up.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 11:18:01 PM »

First, J.E. Bush has one the main attributes for a presidential candidate of either party; he is a governor.  He has a second advantage; the state that he is governor of is large and ethnically diverse.  He was also re-elected by a large margin.

Second, J.E. Bush has gotten exceptionally good press, expecially with hurricane relieve and possibly tsunami relief.

Bush, however, has ruled out a run in 2008.  There will be a Senate up in 2006, and he has not ruled out running for that.  In 2012, he will turn 59 years old, about the same age a Nixon in 1968.  I would not be to surprised to see a run in 2012 or 2016.

There is also the possibility that J.E. Bush would be on the ticket in 2008 as the VP candidate.  That might be more likely, especially if he is in the Senate.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 01:05:54 AM »

He'd be a great candidate, if he wasn't a Bush.  I don't know if I could vote for a Bush again, like Andrew said, it reeks of dynasty too much.

I'm going to note that in the last eight elections, there has been either a Bush or a Dole on the national GOP  ticket.   In spite of this, the Bushes won 5 out of 6 times.

I'm also going to note that in Democratic side, it was very likely that Robert Kennedy would have won the nomination (and quite possibly the presidency), in 1968.  In 1980, Ted Kennedy was at least a credible challenger to Jimmy Carter.

If the governor of FL had the last name Smith, and all other things were even, he'd be someone that we'd all be talking about.

There is a lot of possibility in J. E. Bush in the future.  He's ruled out 2008, but I see the Senate or the VP slot as exceptionally credible.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 03:50:30 AM »

First of all, the 2004 election was not "stolen", never was, never will be.  It was a clear win for George W.

Personally, I think Jeb would make a fine President, but I doubt whether the public would really go for 16 straight years of  Bush's in the White House.

However, Jeb does have the qualities needed in a President.

How about Jeb in 2008 and 2012 and George Prescott Bush in 2016 and 2020?  Talk about a dynasty!

A revolution started in Massachusetts already freed us from one King George. Don't think that we won't do it again.

You wish to freed from George Washington, jFRAUD.

I am overjoyed that we are free of George McGovern, however.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 12:07:23 AM »

There is the idea that somehow the will of the people, as expressed though constitutional means, should be counted if it chooses members of one family.  I don't get it either.

J E Bush will be judged on where he stands on issues and his record, expect by those, like jFRAUD, who are looking for excuses to forward their political agendas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies