Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 01:20:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 306886 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 03:55:05 PM »

Napoleon loves finding reasons to bash Marokai, and then plays the victim.  It's his MO.

I really don't; the two of you should do your jobs then I wouldn't have anything to complain about. Marokai once bashed me for being gone for two days with no internet access at all, this guy has been posting just fine the whole time. Two days vs. two weeks. Why weren't you pointing out that Marokai loves to bash me? Right, you also love to bash me. This is a legitimate criticism. A PPT who mysteriously goes inactive without the courtesy of a public LOA is a hindrance to the Senate and the game.

Marokai writes thousand word posts bashing shua and Snowguy and me, of whoever else, and when I point out something we should all be upset about, this is how you react?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 04:04:15 PM »

Because real life is more important than some game. If Marokai was sick, he is not mandated to post anything on this forum.

So, Marokai can criticize me for it and be hypocritical later on? No. I disagree. I also have already pointed out that this whole inactivity thing started back a while ago, not just these last couple days where he has ignored everything. Bgwah never would have let so many of these bills sit with no debate.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »

No excuses, and I think you are lying anyway.

You should have posted a LOA. You have been posting all over the rest of the forum. You willfully neglected your duties.

I think you just need a reason to bash Marokai.

I think you should look at the facts.

I think you should be as upset as I am that the most useless bill introduced during my whole time as senator sat on the floor for two whole weeks. Yeah, three days of flu did that. Please.

What prevented Marokai from posting publicly that he would be gone? Explain that.

Facts are a very curious thing.

Fact 1: You claimed Marokai was an inactive PPT. Let's try to measure that objectively. Since he was elected to the position of PPT, Marokai has created 17 Senate threads and maintained a couple of other threads. Even if he has not been able to update certain threads for a very short time span, your statement is still objectively inaccurate.

Fact 2: You criticized Marokai for "willfully neglecting" his duties because he has not updated certain debate threads for one or two days. On the other hand, we have a President who has not posted in the White House thread which he created himself for weeks and who has not signed numerous bills for several days. But yet you ignore the President's inactivity or even defend the President against any justified claims of inactivity.

This makes me conclude that 20RP12 was right with his assertion that you only need a reason to bash Marokai - no matter how far-fetched that reason is.

1 - I really don't care how many threads are created.

2 - The President's inactivity should be discussed in a separate thread, not the "Senate Protest and Analysis" thread. Regardless, I am more concerned with legislation on the floor being dealt with. The President has little impact on that.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »

Because real life is more important than some game. If Marokai was sick, he is not mandated to post anything on this forum.

So, Marokai can criticize me for it and be hypocritical later on? No. I disagree. I also have already pointed out that this whole inactivity thing started back a while ago, not just these last couple days where he has ignored everything. Bgwah never would have let so many of these bills sit with no debate.

I never took Marokai's side. If a Senator is sick, they're sick. They are not required to tell the forum, period. And no one can accuse that Senator of inactivity simply because they didn't post an LOA.

This argument makes no sense if he is posting just fine elsewhere. I can understand wanting to take a LOA when ill but if you're able to post completely fine as Marokai has, I expect the common courtesy of a public announcement. That you don't see this is a problem.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 04:24:07 PM »

As active? Hardly. I also doubt his predecessors would be so disrespectful to us citizens as to effectively deny them representation by not allowing the Dean to take over during a LOA. Threads created is totally irrelevant.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 08:50:48 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2012, 08:53:58 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Im trying my best to understand this. You were too sick to allow the Dean to take over, but not sick enough to PM BK or post elsewhere? Yes?

I am glad you are no longer ill, Marokai, but I think this little situation is very disrespectful to Atlasia.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 10:11:36 PM »

I do not accuse you of lying about being sick, I simply distrust the notion that you were entirely unable to delegate your duties properly in the meantime. While it is disappointing that BK neglected his VP responsibilities, there were alternatives.  Where was the VP?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 10:47:14 PM »

That comment was regarding your accusation of the Vice President declining. If he does not want to perform his duties he might want to consider resigning. What did he say?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 05:08:34 AM »

I do have to give Marokai props for helping push cosponsorship in the Senate.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 05:11:46 AM »

I do have to give Marokai props for helping push cosponsorship in the Senate.

Thanks! It's not done nearly as often as it should be, IMO.

I agree. I also think it can go a long way in establishing friendlier relationships among Senators, improving the quality of debate.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 03:45:53 PM »

Is there somewhere I can find a list of other countries that Atlasia currently has trade agreements with?
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Omnibus_Trade_Reorganization_%26_Wiki_Consolidation_Act
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 07:03:45 PM »

There are many offices we should look at scrapping; Senate seats do not fall into that category.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »

Then your amendment is the very definition of counterproductive and should be defeated. The whole point of reducing the number of regions is to enhance competition and activity. It doesn't so much good if you go and remove the competitive aspects of the At-Large seats. There is no reason why there can't be six At Large seats and give parties a chance to compete for more seats.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 07:52:42 PM »

That is completely unacceptable. At that point it becomes the same as ILV's amendment.
What, how? Everyone else agrees that replacing regional seats with districts is a bad idea.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 08:00:19 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2012, 08:02:27 PM by Governor Napoleon »

I do not understand what you are trying to say. When ilikeverin remarked on how Northeastern voters are under-represented in the Senate due to population imbalance you applied Northeastern At Large Senators to our delegation to argue it was fair. Either your argument here is full of crap or your argument there was full of crap because it is contradictory to say regions can't be represented by At Large Senators now.

Additionally, I do not understand why I should care less about reducing the voting public's influence in the lawmaking process by reducing seats than reducing regions' influence by not having an exactly equal number of seats for each side. I care more about the game being able to function properly than I do anything else.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2012, 04:24:36 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2012, 04:26:24 PM by Governor Napoleon »

On behalf of a constituent:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I do not believe this would hurt the game at all, as this bill simply removes clutter and allows inactive players to re-register if they would like.

Personally, I am glad Redalgo wasn't deregistered and is eligible to run for the Senate. Then again, I value functionality over...whatever one might call kicking voters out and forcing them to re-register...unnecessary hassle?

There are many reasons why one might miss an election...especially there first one, when they might not know the election dates. Even our President missed the last election. It happens. I hope you withdraw this bill.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2012, 07:49:39 PM »

Your office consisted of little more then a broom closet which you shared with Pingvin, why would you want to remember that "experience". Tongue

(press secretaries get better offices than PPTs) Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2012, 06:38:42 PM »

Will someone tell Jbrase the only way to pass this is for him to actually vote for the people that agree with him? Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 02:38:23 PM »

Regions are free to use their own money to create new universities as they wish.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 04:29:53 PM »

Atrociousness aside, Hagrid's latest bill is blatantly unconstitutional.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »
« Edited: October 02, 2012, 12:10:22 AM by Napoleon »

I was talking about the bill, not you.

I advise against entertaining the idea of election re-dos and re-starts. I don't think we will see many situations like this down the road, if any.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2012, 12:17:52 AM »

I've been toying with the idea for a while and the best solution I could find to alleviate your concerns, would be to allow everything to be sorted out and have it assembled for an up or down vote as soon as the session starts.

The Senators-elect and incumbents will gather before the session to determine the PPT and the Committees, similar to how they are now, but beginning immediately after the elections. The incoming Senators will have the elected prepared for an inclusive vote as something of a procedural formality.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2012, 01:29:30 PM »

What's wrong with the current law?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 12:45:02 AM »

Does anyone have any information regarding the potential whereabouts of Speed of Sound?
This is getting ridiculous...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »

No party chairman has been nominated for a Cabinet position Mr. PPT.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies