Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:02:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 165212 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: June 17, 2013, 06:34:57 PM »

We do play fetch with the dog to get him running.  We throw out one of his toys and have him fetch it and bring it back.

Ain't the dog that needs the exercise.

Quite true
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #626 on: June 17, 2013, 06:48:57 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2013, 06:50:55 PM by Mr. Morden »

We do play fetch with the dog to get him running.  We throw out one of his toys and have him fetch it and bring it back.

A few rounds of fetch each day doesn't cut it Bushie.  If you're not willing to walk your dog, then you should hire someone else to do it.

EDIT: Larger point is, if no one in the household has ever owned a dog before, then you should talk to someone who has for advice on how to take care of it.  Because I don't really trust your family's blind instincts on something like this.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #627 on: June 17, 2013, 06:49:57 PM »

On a slightly different note, Saturday and Sunday nights I have switched to Caffeine Free Diet Dr Pepper at 19:00 both evenings and I have had a much easier time falling asleep.  I went to bed about 00:15 both Sunday and Monday Mornings and was asleep long before 01:00.  That has allowed me to wake up more refreshed at 8:30 both mornings.  It hasn't stopped me from taking a nap both Sunday and Monday afternoons, but the point is I have slept better both nights.  It is nearly 19:00 Monday Evening now and I have just finished by last Caffeine drink of the evening.  I will switch to Caffeine Free again for the remainder of the evening.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #628 on: June 17, 2013, 07:04:30 PM »

Why don't you drink water, Bushie?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #629 on: June 17, 2013, 07:07:45 PM »

We do play fetch with the dog to get him running.  We throw out one of his toys and have him fetch it and bring it back.

A few rounds of fetch each day doesn't cut it Bushie.  If you're not willing to walk your dog, then you should hire someone else to do it.

EDIT: Larger point is, if no one in the household has ever owned a dog before, then you should talk to someone who has for advice on how to take care of it.  Because I don't really trust your family's blind instincts on something like this.

We've owned several dogs in the past.  The last one died in 2000.  We've been a cat family since 1998, and haven't had a dog in 13 years, but we know how to take care of one.  J.J. is in good hands.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #630 on: June 17, 2013, 07:08:57 PM »

Laziness; preferring the taste of carbonated syrup over the fresh taste of water.

I will be drinking a bunch of water in Kenya.  Bottled, of course.  I'll be getting at least 7-8 glasses in every day.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #631 on: June 17, 2013, 07:09:58 PM »

Laziness; preferring the taste of carbonated syrup over the fresh taste of water.

You're not on a diet by any even remote stretch of the imagination, I hope you realize. In fact, you eat and drink worse than most people who aren't on diets. In fact, you eat and drink worse than anybody I know.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #632 on: June 17, 2013, 07:13:47 PM »

You're not on a diet by any even remote stretch of the imagination, I hope you realize. In fact, you eat and drink worse than most people who aren't on diets. In fact, you eat and drink worse than anybody I know.

Fair point.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good.
[/quote]

I hope to continue the water drinking after I return.  I know I would feel better if I drank more water.  I just don't do it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #633 on: June 17, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »

I love how Bushie takes credit for something when we've been telling him all along like that caffeine is a stimulant and not a sedative.

Science iz 4 stoopids.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #634 on: June 17, 2013, 07:35:12 PM »

A few rounds of fetch each day doesn't cut it Bushie.  If you're not willing to walk your dog, then you should hire someone else to do it.

We've owned several dogs in the past.  The last one died in 2000.  We've been a cat family since 1998, and haven't had a dog in 13 years, but we know how to take care of one.  J.J. is in good hands.

And did you ever walk your previous dogs, or just play fetch with them?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #635 on: June 17, 2013, 07:37:06 PM »

What's the plan for JJ next time you get one of those giant hail and tornado storms?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #636 on: June 17, 2013, 07:41:07 PM »

What's the plan for JJ next time you get one of those giant hail and tornado storms?

We are looking at a dog house right now to at least protect him from the heat and moderate hail.  If the weather is threatening, we won't hesitate to bring him inside.  We're not just going to abandon him.  The cat will just have to accommodate.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #637 on: June 17, 2013, 07:42:07 PM »

And did you ever walk your previous dogs, or just play fetch with them?

We did both.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #638 on: June 17, 2013, 07:59:15 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2013, 04:31:57 AM by opebo »

I will be having left over steak from Sunday at 18:15 and will be watching Texas Rangers baseball at 19:00 followed by the News at 22:00 and Jay Leno at 22:30.

Jay Leno is still on television?!

You should take the dog for a walk.

Indeed.  Bushie, dogs need real exercise.  As in, you need to walk them.  Are you ever going to walk Blondie?

we know the answer to that question.  blondie is sweltering outside.

If Bushie's going to both leave the dog outside all day and never walk it, then he should try to find a new owner for the dog who'll actually take care of it properly.

Guys, think about what you're saying - the dog lives outside.  Why would it need to be 'walked'?  

You may be urbanites, but surely you can reason: rural dogs living outside exercise themselves.  'Walking the dog' is just for apartment dwellers and such, a chance for the dog to urinate and for the owner to grasp his turd with a plastic bag over the hand.  In other words dog-walking is for dumbs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #639 on: June 17, 2013, 11:41:11 PM »

2 days, folks! Just 2 days!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #640 on: June 18, 2013, 12:01:58 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning!  Kenya 2013 begins THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #641 on: June 18, 2013, 12:49:29 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning!  Kenya 2013 begins THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!

Have you packed American Condoms?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #642 on: June 18, 2013, 12:56:04 AM »

A mixture of carbonated water + (most kinds of) juice tastes quite better than either, imo.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #643 on: June 18, 2013, 02:05:39 AM »

I hope Bushie finds a real home for this dog.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #644 on: June 18, 2013, 04:33:06 AM »

A mixture of carbonated water + (most kinds of) juice tastes quite better than either, imo.

Ugh, I hate fruit juice.  As usual Bushie's right on this one.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #645 on: June 18, 2013, 08:46:34 AM »

Yeah, it's cruel to leave it outside during the summer months, unless there's a place he can go to get out of the sun, like a shed or something of that nature.

Once again, this is Bushie acting as a child, treating a living creature as some play toy he can use and discard once he's tired of it.

At any rate, I do hope the dog is okay and has a place to go. I love dogs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #646 on: June 18, 2013, 09:05:51 AM »

Yeah, it's cruel to leave it outside during the summer months, unless there's a place he can go to get out of the sun, like a shed or something of that nature.

Once again, this is Bushie acting as a child, treating a living creature as some play toy he can use and discard once he's tired of it.

At any rate, I do hope the dog is okay and has a place to go. I love dogs.

Did you gloss over the post about the dog house?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #647 on: June 18, 2013, 09:19:27 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning! I had a wonderful night's sleep. I went to bed at 00:10 and woke up at 08:55. I consider Kenya 2013 to begin at midnight Thursday morning, even though I don't leave for the Airport until 6:00 and the flight doesn't leave until 10:40 am. So, you'll see a countdown on my Facebook today and tomorrow which expires at midnight Thursday morning. I will also mention leaving the house and flight departure. I will also count from the top of the next hour. So, as of 10:00, I have 38 hours until Kenya 2013 begins, 44 hours until I leave the house, and 48:40 until the flight departs for Washington, Dulles.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #648 on: June 18, 2013, 10:10:56 AM »

I don't have much on the agenda today.  Most everything is done.  Around 11:05, I will pack my carry on.  The only other thing I have on the agenda is watching a basketball game tonight.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #649 on: June 18, 2013, 10:15:27 AM »

I don't have much on the agenda today.  Most everything is done.  Around 11:05, I will pack my carry on.  The only other thing I have on the agenda is watching a basketball game tonight.

No walk?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies