Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:34:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 144315 times)
Arkansas Yankee
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: November 27, 2017, 06:39:15 PM »

Tartarus Source

I did not quote your lengthy analysis.  It was fairly good, except  for it downplaying of Hillary’s scandals. I guess that is for another thread.  It beyond believe that Democrats have blind spot for what a terrible a person and candidate Hillary was.  
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1126 on: November 27, 2017, 06:50:17 PM »

When will the winner be inaugurated? I would burst out laughing if the Tax Bill was set to pass 50-50 and then Jones takes office the day before the scheduled vote and ruining it for Republicans.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1127 on: November 27, 2017, 06:54:44 PM »

When will the winner be inaugurated? I would burst out laughing if the Tax Bill was set to pass 50-50 and then Jones takes office the day before the scheduled vote and ruining it for Republicans.

I believe (but can't find a citation) that the Alabama SoS has said that the election probably won't be certified until the first week of January at the earliest.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1128 on: November 27, 2017, 08:23:14 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/president-trump-not-campaign-roy-moore-article-1.3660393

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think not having Trump campaigning for him, probably hurts Moore, and really helps Jones.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1129 on: November 27, 2017, 08:37:04 PM »

From a Birmingham News reporter:

The attacker was later identified as Moore's campaign chairman for DeKalb County.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1130 on: November 27, 2017, 08:50:33 PM »

Probably nothing we don't already know, but:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/27/roy-moore-jones-alabama-senate-261024

-

also lmbo GeorgiaModerate. Moore's campaign must be getting desperate if they have resorted to physical assault.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1131 on: November 27, 2017, 09:18:11 PM »

Probably nothing we don't already know, but:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/27/roy-moore-jones-alabama-senate-261024

-

also lmbo GeorgiaModerate. Moore's campaign must be getting desperate if they have resorted to physical assault.
This is a very smart move. being pro-gun control is one of the major issues that keeps Democrats from winning in culturally conservative states like Alabama.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1132 on: November 28, 2017, 12:07:37 AM »

Roy really done goofed, spent the remainder of his advertising money for O Keefs failed stunt:

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1133 on: November 28, 2017, 12:18:34 AM »

Roy really done goofed, spent the remainder of his advertising money for O Keefs failed stunt:

Is that a joke or did he legit do that?!
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1134 on: November 28, 2017, 12:21:40 AM »

Is that a joke or did he legit do that?!

That's what I read on Twitter. A good deal of it but not all
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1135 on: November 28, 2017, 12:26:05 AM »

Candidates like Moore or Gillespie are what happen after you throw all standards of decorum and decency out of politics to elect someone like Trump.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1136 on: November 28, 2017, 12:30:42 AM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1137 on: November 28, 2017, 12:37:29 AM »

Richard Shelby voted for write in candidate instead of Moore
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1138 on: November 28, 2017, 12:47:34 AM »

Well then, brace yourselves for Senator Roy Moore!  I do not expect the GOP to suffer any consequences from his election.  In fact, he helped distract from critical coverage of the tax cuts bill, so he may have been a net positive for them over the past few months.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1139 on: November 28, 2017, 12:48:29 AM »

He says he voted for "a distinguished Republican write-in."

No such thing exists anymore
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1140 on: November 28, 2017, 12:50:56 AM »

Candidates like Moore or Gillespie are what happen after you throw all standards of decorum and decency out of politics to elect someone like Trump.

Dont compare Gillespie to Moore or  even Trump. He is a George W Bush Type Republican , not a Trump type one.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1141 on: November 28, 2017, 12:53:36 AM »

Dont compare Gillespie to Moore or  even Trump. He is a George W Bush Type Republican , not a Trump type one.

Did you listen at all to what he said/did? That was not 2014 Gillespie.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1142 on: November 28, 2017, 12:54:28 AM »

An if Moore does win as someone pointed out days ago can we stop with"both sides"? Massachusetts voted for a rep because Martha ran a lazy campaign the fact that "muh party line" is stronger than pedophilea speaks about conservative America and it's values
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1143 on: November 28, 2017, 02:44:55 AM »

Pelosi says due process for Conyers, but no mercy for Moore

Ted Kennedy’s escapade occurred almost 50 years ago.  He receives mercy immediately and more than 40 more years in the Senate.

Moore whose alleged acts occurred almost 40 years ago is to me immediately politically lynched.

Do any of you see any problem with the distribution of justice in these cases.

And we have not even discussed Bill Clinton.

The air of sanctimony is becoming oppressive at this site.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #1144 on: November 28, 2017, 03:07:04 AM »

At last, some more data! The polls (as in ‘16) seem to be coming down to how the pollsters are predicting turnout. If Moore wins, it seems likely to me that Republican voters have now absorbed the scandal, processed it, and hid behind “but we can’t let the other side win.” Access Hollywood Redux, in other words.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1145 on: November 28, 2017, 03:10:24 AM »

Have seen it suggested he’ll take more votes from Jones, but that could be wishful thinking/pessimism.
I doubt he gets more than 1-2% of the vote. He should have no impact on the race.

Probably not this race, but sounds like he's trying to get his name on in the state for potentially running in future Statewide election as Indy/ Moderate 'Pub 'Bama style, in a State which after all does have a much higher percentage of Military Vets than many others in the US...

One must certainly wonder to what extent part of the whole Moore phenomenon has more to do with a rejection of smokey backroom handpicked political leaders, which was long pervasive in the State for over a Century, combined with a feeling among many rank and file 'Pub Voters that they have been sold down the River for a long time economically by backhanded Washington deals with handshakes by both major Political Parties.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1146 on: November 28, 2017, 03:13:45 AM »

At last, some more data! The polls (as in ‘16) seem to be coming down to how the pollsters are predicting turnout. If Moore wins, it seems likely to me that Republican voters have now absorbed the scandal, processed it, and hid behind “but we can’t let the other side win.” Access Hollywood Redux, in other words.

Maybe they think Moore is entitled to some of Pelosi’s due process.  Turnover over the yearbook.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1147 on: November 28, 2017, 03:48:54 AM »
« Edited: November 28, 2017, 04:03:11 AM by NOVA Green »

So one thing that has been ignored thus far on the thread is not only that Moore made his first public appearance since the scandals have broken, but where he made it and why....

(This is just a link to the first campaign event, and all of the comments below are my own)

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/27/roy-moore-rally-alabama-215871

Instead of focusing on the optics of this small town in Alabama, and how that is presented on local (Free) statewide news coverage, there was obviously something deeper going on....

1.) The Alabama US-Senate election will ultimately in my mind be decided upon swings within the large Metro areas of the State, that account for a significant majority of the State total vote...

These include many heavily, and in some cases overwhelmingly Republican White Suburbs and Exurbs.

2.) I get that Moore is trying to double-down on the Rural and Small Town 'Pub base voters that catapulted his career some decades back, and even more recently in the 'Pub Senate run-off, but this seems to be a curious place to do it....

3.) I get the idea of going to some small town of 2.5k in some limited admission Community Center, where you have a standing room only gig (200-250 people) with hardcore supporters driving in from neighboring counties and elsewhere in Alabama, to create the optics of an enthusiastic crowd....

4.) Why DeKalb County, and not Etowah County just a few Miles down the Road, which is an overwhelmingly Republican County, where he first started his career at Gadsen (And not just as the creepy DA stalking Teenage Girls at the Mall).... Huh

5.) Dekalb is a County with a population of ~70k, that in many ways is closer to a Piedmont County in Georgia, where one of my Son-In-Laws grew up....

It is an overwhelmingly White Manufacturing County, with an extremely large Latino Population....

Until very recently, it used to be a major Textile producing County, known as the "Sock Capitol of the World"

http://blog.al.com/huntsville-times-business/2011/04/the_decline_of_the_hosiery_ind.html

The major employer is currently Cagle's with a large Poultry Manufacturing Plant in Collinsville....

6.) I wonder to what extent Moore is trying to use DeKalb to try to wrap himself around the cloth of Trump, thinking that pandering to resentment against Latino poultry factory workers and the local Old Timers lamenting the loss of the Textile jobs, but don't want to work in the Poultry Factory and whose sons and daughters are drifting down the road to jobs elsewhere, will somehow win him Alabama....

7.) It almost makes we wonder to what extent his campaign has given up on the heavily Republican Suburban and Exurban areas of the largest Cities of Alabama....  

Why hasn't Moore scheduled any events at any of the myriad of Auto plants around Alabama???

I guess maybe he thinks it might be more fashionable in Alabama to play to Anti-Latino resentment, since most White 'Bamans these days are cut from very different cloth than that of their  parents and grandparents......

8.) Just a few musings....

EDIT: One other thing I neglected to mention was that Politico appears to have incorrectly state Moore's % of the Republican Senate Primary Vote in Dekalb County....

I believe they cited it as 59%, but it was actually only 49% since they only ran the numbers a two person race....

Mo Brooks, The Congressman from the 5th District got 10% of the Vote here...

Sounds to me like Moore is just still trying to consolidate the base....
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1148 on: November 28, 2017, 07:42:15 AM »

Jones will win, there have to be some things that still matter.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1149 on: November 28, 2017, 07:53:30 AM »

An if Moore does win as someone pointed out days ago can we stop with"both sides"? Massachusetts voted for a rep because Martha ran a lazy campaign the fact that "muh party line" is stronger than pedophilea speaks about conservative America and it's values

What did it speak of liberal America and it’s values when for over 40 years Massachusetts’ liberals elected a drunken coward killer who used his influence to avoid prosecution?

At the time Coakley lost the Democrats held 60 seats in the Senate.  Their majority status was not threatened.  Only their filibuster proof majority was threatened. Obamacare also played a part in her lose.

Take off your angel wings.  Only Melania is an angel.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies