Dean's running mate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:35:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Dean's running mate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Dean's running mate  (Read 27277 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2004, 02:13:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I disagree. Cleland has turned into a folk hero in the Dem Party. They make up tall tales about his re-election campaign and blame his loss on GOP dirty tricks and lies.  Barnes, on the other hand, is done.

Well, if Cleland is Dean's running mate, it isn't going to change the fact that Georgia will be an easy win for Bush.
jravnsbo

« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2004, 02:19:30 PM »

Yeah.  What amazes me is the lackof depth on Dem bench.  LAutenberg, Mondale, now Hart and they are still hoping for Nunn or Cleland in GA.  What about some new faces, not ones that retired long ago?

Okay, Thanks JR.  But was he defeated in a re-election campaign?  Because that would hurt him.

The GADP may beg him to run this year for Senate.  He'd have the best chance of any Dem besides Zell deciding to return to DC.
jravnsbo

« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2004, 02:20:49 PM »

Read Zell's book.  The 11 no votes against the Homeland Defense dept led to Cleland's defeat, simple.

Defeated in 2002, by now Senator Saxby Chambliss, who was  a House member.

Yea, Cleland won't be anyone's running mate now, not after he lost in 2002.  Maybe if he hadn't been defeated...

Just like Roy Barnes, the former governor here who was also defeated in 2002.  Barnes was at one time considered a possible presidential candidate.  Not anymore.  bwahahaha.  That's right: takin' 'em out one by one here in Georgia.

Wink

I disagree. Cleland has turned into a folk hero in the Dem Party. They make up tall tales about his re-election campaign and blame his loss on GOP dirty tricks and lies.  Barnes, on the other hand, is done.
NHPolitico

« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2004, 03:43:13 PM »

Well, if Cleland is Dean's running mate, it isn't going to change the fact that Georgia will be an easy win for Bush.

That's certainly true. Zell's heading up Democrats for Bush. He and Ed Koch, I guess.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2004, 03:57:49 PM »

jravnsbo

« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2004, 04:11:59 PM »

just wait to see the disenchanted Democrats grow when Dean actually gets the nomination.

That's certainly true. Zell's heading up Democrats for Bush. He and Ed Koch, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies