Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:11:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 55752 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2013, 07:38:20 PM »

It seems two seats in the Northeast Assembly are going vacant: Matt to Vice President, and Goldwater to Northeast Governor. Would you take a place on the Northeast Assembly?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »

I admire your relentless dedication to making Atlasia a better place. I hope you consider running for a spot in the Northeast Assembly, maybe even Governor! Smiley
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »

I admire your relentless dedication to making Atlasia a better place. I hope you consider running for a spot in the Northeast Assembly, maybe even Governor! Smiley
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2013, 06:56:25 PM »

GO FOR IT POIROT!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2013, 09:27:18 PM »

Northeast citizens,

It's me again, Poirot. This time I am running in the coming special election for Northeast assembly. I am happy to present my platform.

Last summer in a territory affiliated to our region, New Brunswick, two little boys were killed by a python while sleeping in a home. Snakes can be dangerous animals and they are not all good pets. I am proposing stricter rules to keep snakes at home: no snake longer than four feet should be owned by individuals and no venemous snakes at all. 

There is a long list of acts introduced for repeal in the legislative thread. One Act I would vote to keep is the Official Ballot Language Act. There is no need for a voter to translate a ballot. It can be more work for the election officer and it is no transparent for the general public.

The Northeast is our beloved region. When people try to touch my regions I feel violated. I don't want people touching my region so I will propose a resolution in the assembly affirming the sanctity of the region's territory so our great region can stay as it is.

I am not a fan of fantasy names for the region's political positions. If I am elected I choose to be called Representative.

Thank you kindly.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2013, 11:25:07 PM »

Enthusiastically endorsed!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2013, 08:31:43 PM »

Thank you Flo!

I am unveiling my campaing banner.

My campaign food is the pumpkin pie. I don't know if it's good but it's in season.

And my song is the theme of The Addams family.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6QzbvH-ZNo
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2013, 08:32:04 PM »

Endorsed buddy!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »

Thank you Napoleon.

Maybe I am gaining momentum.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »

I am reminding Northeast citizens of the special election on Novemeber 1,2,3. I am a candidate for assembly, so if you want:

- No long snake
- Keep Official Language Ballot Act
- Don't touch my regions

Vote for me!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »

I didn't win the special election at the beginning of November. I didn't win the special election of November 29, 30 and December 1 either. I still served as interim representative in the northeast assembly for three weeks. I accepted the nomination of then Governor Dr Cynic. I also had the role of speaker for about two weeks. It was my first time having that function. I enjoyed experiencing this because it's not often I have this opportunity.

I had time to introduce the two bills I talked about in my campaign. My statement on the survival of the Northeast was not passed. Whatever happens to the pet snake restrictions law, I have tried to make the region more safe and I will have a clear conscience next time a child is killed by a snake.

I want to thank the voters who gave me a first preference in the November 1 special election and those who gave me a top two preference in the November 29 special election. It's with sadness I leave the assembly. The region could be modified within a few months if the regions map overhaul plan goes ahead, so this could have been my last presence in the Northeast assembly. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2013, 10:31:11 PM »

You, sir, are dead. And the dead cannot stand for election.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2013, 10:37:44 PM »

It's really sad that the Northeast seems so adamant at keeping you out of office.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »

It's really sad that the Northeast seems so adamant at keeping you out of office.

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2013, 11:01:01 PM »

The Northeast has a Cabinet that we can fill if Poirot is interested.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2013, 07:44:04 PM »

I've regularly been seeking office so in case my hordes of fans expect me to run for office, I just want to make it public that I will not hold any office in the short term, meaning I will reevaluate my decision for the February elections at the earliest.

(except for something like a space board)

I will still be watching and commenting if I feel like it, like the old people who attend city council meetings.   
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2013, 12:27:17 PM »

Or you could force a by-election by uncovering evidence of the complicity of an elected officeholder in a particularly foul murder.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2014, 07:43:26 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines!

I'm here today at Dover International speedway in Delaware to announce I'm running for the office of Northeast Senator. I will be traveling our region in my campaign bus and I invite people to follow my stops and my plans for the road ahead of us. The ultimate goal is obviously to finish first at the end of voting, Sunday February 23rd and receive the checkered flag. That will also be the day of the Daytona 500 and explains my campaign launch here.

I consider this federal election the worst contested I have witnessed. There is almost no competition. Very few choices for voters at this time. There could be only one ticket for the presidency on the ballot. I think there was only one regional race with competition for regional senate. That means for a majority of citizens in this country there could be no more than one choice on the ballot. Talk about dull and uninteresting. A new low for Atlasia. A past senatorial campaign involved an alarm clock. People chose to hit the snooze button and I was not elected. Now it looks like citizens will go sleepwalking to the voting booth in a boring election.

That is an appalling situation for an elections game. I considered not going to the federal booth and boycott that election. If others don't entertain me I have chosen to run and entertain myself. The Northeast will have a choice.

Northeast citizens, let's take the road ahead with Poirot
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2014, 07:44:51 PM »

Endorsed! Smiley
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2014, 08:56:51 PM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2014, 02:52:29 AM »

You would make a great addition to the Senate!  Don't forget to post in the candidate declaration thread.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2014, 08:12:57 AM »

I am glad you have decided to run. You have my endorsement and I wish you the best of luck. Smiley
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2014, 04:50:46 PM »

Thank you for attending my campaign launch event and for your endorsements.

Since road is a theme this time, as souvenir I am giving visitors and supporters toy cars.

Now I need to go make my candidacy official.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies