The Case Against Sotomayor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:17:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Case Against Sotomayor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Case Against Sotomayor  (Read 6501 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: May 04, 2009, 02:00:45 PM »

I really hope she isn't picked, not just for the whole Moderate Hero thing, but also because Obama shouldn't cave to any opinion but his own. He doesn't "owe" the pressure groups anything, and has the right to nominate whoever he wants for the Supreme Court. Now that we have benconstine basically arguing that Obama has to appoint her unless he can come with a good reason not to shows how skewed the process has become. The President never needs a negative reason to NOT appoint someone, they simply appoint whoever they find the best choice. Period.

Anyway, I predict that Obama's choice will be similar to Roberts, someone who isn't all that talked about or very well known, but fits the basic criteria of what one would expect from him. Maybe a woman, but still most comparable to Roberts, just liberal.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 12:37:15 PM »

An interesting dark horse to consider is Senator Mark L. Pryor of Arkansas.  He served as Arkansas Attorney General, will vote for Obama's agenda, and, most importantly, is only 46 years old.

He's pro-life. Obama isn't going to appoint someone just to give you more Moderate Hero "OMG, I love the south!" material to jerk off to, sorry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies