The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:17:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 80
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 264188 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: February 11, 2013, 03:08:24 AM »

Oh, but it does.
"In 2002, Obama said: 'I am not opposed to all wars, I'm opposed to dumb wars.'
How would you feel if he said, 'I am not opposed to all child abuse, I'm opposed to dumb child abuse'?"
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1351 on: February 11, 2013, 03:13:26 AM »

I also like the "7,400 people have been arrested during Occupy protests UNDER OBAMA'S WATCH." Like he's personally directing local policemen to rough up hippies and take down their tents, lol
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1352 on: February 11, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »

The environment stuff too is ridiculous and out of context. My favorite is the nuclear plants one. "Despite Fukushima disaster", well are these plants being built in areas prone to be hit by tsunamis?

Also referring to embassy security as "maintaining a presence in Iraq".
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1353 on: February 11, 2013, 10:35:24 AM »

I went through the 'bisexual' phase but I'm through with that. I am straight.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1354 on: February 11, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »

The environment stuff too is ridiculous and out of context. My favorite is the nuclear plants one. "Despite Fukushima disaster", well are these plants being built in areas prone to be hit by tsunamis?

Lol, it's kinda like those who are building homes at polders.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1355 on: February 11, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »

I don't understand how this is absurd or ignorant...?

Teenagers go through 'phases' all the time. I thought I was sexually attracted to males and realized that I am not. What's so absurd there?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1356 on: February 11, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »

Too much in this thread to put individually...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=169232.msg3622322#msg3622322
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1357 on: February 12, 2013, 12:35:35 PM »

His base will simply freeload like they always do. Miss 32 year old power lawyer working 80 hours a week will pay for it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1358 on: February 12, 2013, 11:37:21 PM »

I'm trying to figure out why ~30% of the forum is bronies now.

Man, you know I'm not exactly a "brony", but you realize the alternative is BushOklahoma?
Well at least we are in his target audience, unlike My Little Pony.

MLP's target audience is kids.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, sure, whatever.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1359 on: February 14, 2013, 06:32:24 AM »

The whole premise behind Ron Paul's campaign was to make him look like a 'sane Libertarian' (even though there's really no such thing as one) and it ended up making him look even more insane than he'd expected, despite the fact that he appeared less insane than he actually is.
Emphasis added.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1360 on: February 14, 2013, 06:39:58 AM »

I don't understand how this is absurd or ignorant...?

Teenagers go through 'phases' all the time. I thought I was sexually attracted to males and realized that I am not. What's so absurd there?

Just the fact that to most of who are a bit straighter than that, as well as to most homosexuals, it sounds like your first impression was probably correct and now you're just in denial.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1361 on: February 14, 2013, 04:59:11 PM »

It's hideous news. Why should gays be allowed to marry when gun rights are not protected.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1362 on: February 14, 2013, 05:00:40 PM »

It's hideous news. Why should gays be allowed to marry when gun rights are not protected.

Classic.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1363 on: February 14, 2013, 05:04:01 PM »

Shouldn't all of JCL's posts be moved here?
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1364 on: February 14, 2013, 06:25:18 PM »

The whole premise behind Ron Paul's campaign was to make him look like a 'sane Libertarian' (even though there's really no such thing as one) and it ended up making him look even more insane than he'd expected, despite the fact that he appeared less insane than he actually is.

Emphasis added.

Took a bit of a swing hahaha
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1365 on: February 14, 2013, 10:33:58 PM »

If you knew anything about Florida at all, you would know that we have gated suburban hells, not row houses, which are commonly found in New York City. I am one of the fortunate few who doesn’t live in those gated communities. I would agree that they are actually worst then NYC. As for NYC, it had 414 murders last year. Palm Beach County had around 60. Proportionally speaking, that makes PBC really, really bad. NYC is relatively good in regards to crime. I won’t deny that. My county has just over a million people; New York has about eight million. New York City is not that heavily overcrowded either. Those are the good things I could say about the city.

Here is the reason why I never will live in that city, and never will bother to visit it-it is freaking New York. It has a school system that has hundreds if not thousands of teachers waiting in rubber rooms for months on end still getting paid while waiting for a review by the school board regarding crimes they may or may not have committed.

You cannot get around in your own car. You pretty much have to deal with the subway, which is a likely terrorist target, it costs thousands of dollars to live there comfortably (unless of course you come from a wealthy family with connections, in which case, you either are supported directly or are able to get stable employment via family ties), and finally, you miss out on the friendliness/stability you might find in a small town (hell, I live in Boynton, and this town is too big for my liking).

I live in a county that has been ravaged repeatedly by Hurricanes. And part of the reason I oppose FEMA is because all the rich people in Manalapan and Ocean Ridge across the river from me (I can actually see Al Haig’s old house right now) get their docks and seawalls rebuilt after every storm, and have their private beaches resanded with tax payer money. There is never any severe flooding here due to the Hurricanes, with the exception of the agrarian western areas of the county, which the county, not the Feds, dried out when we got our brush with Irene (which slightly brushed us). If I recall correctly, much of New York City flooded….

And finally, we come to the last reason to despise New York-the New Yorker. I know them well, because my own dad is one of them. I tolerate them better than most who are not related to New Yorkers, but I still find myself annoyed by them. Kinda like the way New Yorkers dislike people from Alabama. The North-South divide transcends politics and race as of 2013. Its just a natural cultural divide now a days.

Is any one going to post a good reason why they oppose this or just keep empty quoting a vague statement?
Why is Styrofoam bad?

The health and environmental effects are well documented. I'll let you look into it on your own.

Why should the government go out of the way to ban a material that is so readily available and prevalent?

Something shouldn't be banned because it's prevalent? That's odd reasoning. What's your opinion on asbestos?

NYC is a sh**thole regardless of the affects of “Styrofoam pollution.”

No, it's not. When was the last time you were there and what did you experience to make you believe it was a "sh**thole" compared to any other city?

Furthermore, what is the harm in this? Putting Big Styrofoam out of business?
I have news for you guys; everything is an environmental hazard in some way or another. Should we ban cows? Because three weekends ago, I was in a cow pasture in YeeHaw Junction at a Bluegrass festival. I was surrounded by a sea of cow dung. That stuff over time builds up. And it steams. That according to some sources builds nutrients in the soil. According to others, it depletes them. Do we ban cows?

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1366 on: February 14, 2013, 11:21:41 PM »

Wow, that post is a special kind of horrible. Bravo, Sanchez. Bravo.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1367 on: February 14, 2013, 11:25:33 PM »

Wow, that post is a special kind of horrible. Bravo, Sanchez. Bravo.

A real train wreck
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1368 on: February 15, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »

What I ment is why shouldn't I be able to have a thirty bullet clip or a semiautomatic yet people of the same gender
are allowed to solomize something nature and Nature's God have forbidden under rather strict terms.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1369 on: February 16, 2013, 11:36:18 PM »

You need to be Simfan. You need to, in practice and theory, emulate the forms and manners of speech and habit, of myself. You just have to, my dear fellow Atlas forumers. You know what is coming up? The 10th Anniversary of the foundation of Simfan34. Of course, I myself, that being my corporate person, have existed since 29 March 1994, which is long over ten years. But one June 10, 2003, I first registered under the name of "Simfan34" on a website, SimcityCentral, now long defunct after a civil war bifurcated the website- Simphoni (Rexerite) and SimcityCentral (Martinite). It would be as if our Dave went into conflict with our Nym and resulted in the site breaking into two factions. This is essential to the history of online fora, such as our beloved one here.

Now, as to becoming like me, or becoming like me, like "Like Mike"-do you know that Michael Jordan is actually considering another comeback at the age of 50!- except "Like Simfan", or more properly, the necessity or rather the beneficial nature thereof, I shall explain to you. Shall I explain to you, or shall I first endeavour as to how to go about doing such things?

Of course, the point is moot. I am writing a static commentary. I am not as of yet engaging in a conversation with you, a fluid living series of quips and parries, but rather a singular rant, a solitary musing, a parting of knowledge. "But wait!" you say! "I needn't have anything to learn from you!" But I am an Ivy Leaguer, an elite , whether you like it or not, and you will have to listen to me one day when you truly have no say in the matter.

I shall first tell you the method, I have resolved. I am in a rather good mood, as a result of the benefits, which occurred less than three hours ago, and the kind belated Christmas gift of the thing I would trade all my bow ties for, and the associated accouterments (of the gift, not the ties- thankfully such a Faustian bargain was unnecessary).

The bow ties are the method, in part. There is the detached, self-consciously refined air, which takes a certain je ne sais quoi (as I am taking lessons in French nowadays, I can spell this correctly) to you, but if you try, you can achieve it! The point is not one of pretension, but rather of satisfaction, of a certain element of "I have done much and the world has done much for me, so I shall sit, drink, and enjoy life, and in the process strike up a conversation with you for it is the activity most immediately achievable at this moment, not out of any urge of the loins". Bow ties, pressed pants, tales of stories set in faraway lands like Ethiopia or "Tianjin", such is best accompanied with a certain world-weariness. Perhaps slightly affected, maybe, but it should from a sincere feeling of having seen the world in its entirety, or a great portion thereof. One should not be fazed by any tale- not even a personal meeting with Kim Jong Un. Sex with the North Korean president, probably, but not a meeting. Of course, such a lackadaisical approach must be learnt through meeting other "dictators". Other things, here pertinently a tobacco pipe, also add to this air.

Now I shall tell you the beneficial nature of this air. It is a short story. I had walked up Amsterdam Avenue to get an egg roll, and having carried my pipe in my pocked after eating said egg roll took out the pipe and began to pack the pipe. I was ready to light the pipe, but alas! I left my lighter at home. Oh bummer. But wait! Out of nowhere, which of course is a lie as they were sitting there, comes a person smoking a cigarette, on a stoop of an apartment building.

"Hello," I say. Of course, I am sure not to sound like a madman, as I am aware I would if I were to speak to you what I have written above. "Would you have a light?"

"Sure," says the person, who pulls out a lighter. It is a fluid one, which is a shame, but beggars, as they say, cannot be choosers.

"Thank you," I respond, lighting the pipe. This is a rather complex process, the details of which I shan't bore you with.

"It isn't often you see a person with a pipe," says the person. It is at this point I become acutely- or maybe "just" aware said person is a woman. Brown hair, maybe thirty something? She is vaguely reminiscent of my sister in law, now that I think of it. Perhaps you know what comes next. Perhaps you don't. For those who don't, conversation ensues. I say something along the lines of "[pipe smoking] is good for keeping warm a little, when it is so cold". Where did our warm streak go? It was lovely. Anyway, the woman responds "oh, you should come inside." If you don't know what ensues, to quote the detestable Al, "go boil your head".

So, what is the point of this rambling? The work is at the same time a defense of "personal-Simfanism" and a work advising the reader to, perhaps, adopt elements of "personal-Simfanism", as a way to further one's personal life in this "trying season", as my fellow light blue (are we really called that? how awful!) once said. Now, thank you for listening, and am honoured to have helped.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1370 on: February 17, 2013, 04:29:45 PM »

The worst.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1371 on: February 17, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »

I'm so glad someone preserved that for the ages.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1372 on: February 17, 2013, 05:18:34 PM »

I'm so glad someone preserved that for the ages.

Yeah, I was disappointed to see this thread gone. Sad
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1373 on: February 17, 2013, 06:30:23 PM »

What causes them is simple. Whites live there.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1374 on: February 17, 2013, 10:55:59 PM »

Ever since Lawrence v. Texas. everyone throughout the United States has had the right to be in a same-sex marriage. 
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies