For our religiously conservative brethren.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:48:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  For our religiously conservative brethren.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For our religiously conservative brethren....  (Read 9599 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: December 22, 2012, 04:05:29 PM »

OK, looks like a I messed up a bit with chronology. Anyways persecutions between Christians obviously don't count, and while some communist regimes have tried to eradicate faith I don't think this has concerned the "western world".

Anyways, maybe I was excessively absolute in my comment, but overall I don't see christianity in itself being much persecuted in the last, say, 1500 years.

Have you ever been to a Mississauga high school where half the students are Muslims and half the whites are athiests?

You mean people are getting bullied or harassed for being christians in canadian schools ? While the atmosphere might not be perfect, I strongly doubt it.

There's nothing systematic, but conservative Christians do tend to get bullied in Canadian public schools. I was never part of Christian Fellowship at my school, but I recall some jocks were disciplined for egging one of the meetings.

Yeah I'm definitely calling BS on that one.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:14:25 PM »

OK, looks like a I messed up a bit with chronology. Anyways persecutions between Christians obviously don't count, and while some communist regimes have tried to eradicate faith I don't think this has concerned the "western world".

Anyways, maybe I was excessively absolute in my comment, but overall I don't see christianity in itself being much persecuted in the last, say, 1500 years.

Have you ever been to a Mississauga high school where half the students are Muslims and half the whites are athiests?

You mean people are getting bullied or harassed for being christians in canadian schools ? While the atmosphere might not be perfect, I strongly doubt it.

There's nothing systematic, but conservative Christians do tend to get bullied in Canadian public schools. I was never part of Christian Fellowship at my school, but I recall some jocks were disciplined for egging one of the meetings.

Yeah I'm definitely calling BS on that one.

Smells like BS. I went to a Canadian school too, which was full of non Christians, and I don't recall any anti-Christian activities.

Hatman, it wasn't systematic. It was just two guys thinking "lets pick on the weird kids" and they threw a couple eggs. It was harassment, but it certainly wasn't "anti-Christian activities" like you are calling it.

As I have said before. There isn't any systematic issues with Christians in public schools, any more than there is systematic issues with the D&D kids. They just get picked on now and again.

Your exact quote was "conservative Christians do tend to get bullied in Canadian public schools"

There is absolutely no way that conservative Christians, who number in the millions in Canada, tend to be bullied.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies