Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should have resigned over Lewinsky affair (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:12:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should have resigned over Lewinsky affair (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should have resigned over Lewinsky affair  (Read 5429 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: November 17, 2017, 12:26:08 AM »

This is a gutsy move. She’s sticking by her principles, which is good.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 12:57:26 AM »

Like her mentor Hillary, Gillibrand changes with the wind

Gillibrand in 2016:

I was truly honored that President Bill Clinton campaigned for me

https://medium.com/@SenGillibrand/why-i-m-supporting-hillary-clinton-for-president-9bff244ca353

Aren’t you just upset that she’s a potential competitor to Harris? Yes, you are. Half the forum is convinced this is RIP for her career so I suppose it’d be one more of the few times a politician has flipped to the suicidal position.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 03:00:22 AM »

Like her mentor Hillary, Gillibrand changes with the wind

Gillibrand in 2016:

I was truly honored that President Bill Clinton campaigned for me

https://medium.com/@SenGillibrand/why-i-m-supporting-hillary-clinton-for-president-9bff244ca353

Aren’t you just upset that she’s a potential competitor to Harris? Yes, you are. Half the forum is convinced this is RIP for her career so I suppose it’d be one more of the few times a politician has flipped to the suicidal position.
Weird reply. Btw you’re attributing other people’s opinions to me. Please don’t.

Its a shrewd move, no one wants to be associated with the Clintons anymore and she’s probably one of the 2020 contenders who have been most closely associated with them over the years. So I can see why she’s trying to distance herself.

But she also comes across as a massive hypocrite, considering she wasnt bothered by this when she was fundraising and campaigning with Bill for all those years.

I was referring to other posters, not you.

I've met Bill and worked on his wife's campaign with him before. It doesn't mean I approved of his behavior at the time at all. In my view, Hillary should have left him. On the other hand, how she deals with her family is her business. You can support and work with people without approving of everything they did. There isn't a single politician on the national stage today who I agree with on everything or approve of everything they did in their careers. That doesn't mean I won't support one or more of them if I am involved in politics.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 12:02:47 AM »

She was treated horribly (esp. by Linda Tripp, the media, etc.) but she consented. She knew what she was doing. Bill's problems stem less from the fact that he let Monica blow him than some of the other accusations against him from Paula Jones and so on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies