Vermont Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:19:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Vermont Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]
Author Topic: Vermont Megathread  (Read 37683 times)
Electric Circus
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: May 02, 2024, 05:15:20 PM »

Dean can really twist the knife on education, this Saunders appointment has been a disaster, and I think Jason Gibbs has really overplayed his hand here.

Maybe they got their committee member early on and didn't bother to take the temperature further? It's their biggest blunder in a long time. Education can't be treated as a low priority when people are apoplectic about their property taxes.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #526 on: May 07, 2024, 09:23:05 PM »

Dean can really twist the knife on education, this Saunders appointment has been a disaster, and I think Jason Gibbs has really overplayed his hand here.

Maybe they got their committee member early on and didn't bother to take the temperature further? It's their biggest blunder in a long time. Education can't be treated as a low priority when people are apoplectic about their property taxes.

I think this entire debacle might be the greatest unforced error of the administration in 8 years.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #527 on: May 11, 2024, 07:32:56 PM »

Let’s do this.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #528 on: May 11, 2024, 09:35:41 PM »

Poor Senator Mazza.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #529 on: May 12, 2024, 12:33:02 AM »

Howard Dean is a clown at this point... and I say that as someone who would have liked to have seen him elected President at one time.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #530 on: May 12, 2024, 05:25:57 AM »

Is Phil Scott going to run again?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #531 on: May 12, 2024, 09:01:06 AM »

He just announced he is.
Compuzled_One
United States
« Reply #532 on: May 12, 2024, 09:06:46 AM »

For the source:
https://vtdigger.org/2024/05/11/phil-scott-to-seek-5th-term-as-governor/

Unless Dean is his opponent, I genuinely think Scott might win every precinct.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #533 on: May 12, 2024, 09:08:17 AM »

For the source:

Scott did not win every precinct in 2022, and he will not do better than he did then. He is not winning the Old North End of Burlington, no matter what he does.
Compuzled_One
United States
« Reply #534 on: May 12, 2024, 09:11:20 AM »

For the source:

Scott did not win every precinct in 2022, and he will not do better than he did then. He is not winning the Old North End of Burlington, no matter what he does.
They were all under 60%, that's definitely flippable. Admittedly, it is an election year this time, but it still wouldn't be the most surprising thing.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #535 on: May 12, 2024, 09:18:18 AM »

For the source:

They were all under 60%, that's definitely flippable. Admittedly, it is an election year this time, but it still wouldn't be the most surprising thing.

It is very hard to imagine Scott over performing 2022, even if Dean doesn't run.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #536 on: May 16, 2024, 11:30:59 AM »

The Deputy Mayor of Winooski is running for Lt. Governor, challenging Zuckerman. I couldn't tell you why, maybe Democrats want Zuckerman gone?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #537 on: May 16, 2024, 01:02:27 PM »

The Deputy Mayor of Winooski is running for Lt. Governor, challenging Zuckerman. I couldn't tell you why, maybe Democrats want Zuckerman gone?

Isn’t Zuckerman anti-vax?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #538 on: May 16, 2024, 02:19:29 PM »

No, not in any meaningful sense anyway. He’s recanted his pas vaccine hesitancy from years ago and even back then supported vaccine mandates. This talking point has kind of gone through a pretty ridiculous game of telephone to the point some people are under the impression he was railing against the covid vaccine or something.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #539 on: May 16, 2024, 04:21:42 PM »

I believe so
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #540 on: May 16, 2024, 05:25:01 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2024, 05:39:38 PM by KaiserDave »

No, not in any meaningful sense anyway. He’s recanted his pas vaccine hesitancy from years ago and even back then supported vaccine mandates. This talking point has kind of gone through a pretty ridiculous game of telephone to the point some people are under the impression he was railing against the covid vaccine or something.
This. He’s not anti-vax, to call him that makes the term meaningless. I have personally spoken to him on the subject, my interpretation is that he harbored some hippie-dippy views about vaccinations around 20 years ago but in no way does he have any meaningfully anti-vaccination views today. He is vaccinated (COVID, MMR, etc.), his children are vaccinated.
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #541 on: May 16, 2024, 05:43:58 PM »

What does tolerating Zuckerman do for them? He's a wildcard and not particularly popular. I've only heard of this guy once before, but he seems promising, young, and reliable.

On another note, I'm always confused when I see media outlets describing it as a "mostly symbolic" role, which seems to be rote in articles describing the office. The Committee on Committees is a huge deal, especially as state politics get more adversarial. On top of which, it's already getting a bit of a shake-up this year with Mazza's departure. That gives Democrats a big incentive to want someone who is more in their corner in the spot.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #542 on: May 16, 2024, 05:48:22 PM »

What does tolerating Zuckerman do for them? He's a wildcard and not particularly popular. I've only heard of this guy once before, but he seems promising, young, and reliable.

On another note, I'm always confused when I see media outlets describing it as a "mostly symbolic" role, which seems to be rote in articles describing the office. The Committee on Committees is a huge deal, especially as state politics get more adversarial. On top of which, it's already getting a bit of a shake-up this year with Mazza's departure. That gives Democrats a big incentive to want someone who is more in their corner in the spot.

Renner is very popular in young VTDP circles in Chittenden County. If he can run a strong statewide campaign Zuckerman is beatable. After all, he only defeated Kitty Toll by a negligible margin, and Renner has a far more densely-populated geographic base than Toll.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies