Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:05:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15 (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: How would you vote in the Oct. 15 election ?
SPÖ
ÖVP
FPÖ
Greens
NEOS
PILZ
KPÖ+
FLÖ
G!LT
Whites
For a small regional party
I'd vote invalid
I'd stay home
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Austrian Elections & Politics 3.0 - Parliamentary Election: Oct. 15  (Read 195154 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2017, 02:58:44 PM »

i see a possible potential for a hard-left populist anti-radical-islam anti-corruption candidate, i am just not sure if the timing is going to be enough and he would get enough supporters.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2017, 06:06:37 PM »

Tender can you clarify what exactly Pilz' idealogy is? Economically to the left of the Green leadership, but more critical of immigration?

pilz is an economically leftish anti-corruption crusader, who is best known for raging against scandals since decades an is the most famous living to-go-guy for whistleblowers in this country.

at the same time he is not sharing the kind of blind spots some lefties have re: more radical islam and hyper-nationalist turks.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2017, 03:42:38 PM »

Victim-blaming, taking no responsibility and no, someone who was in this country for 30 years is not a tunisian anymore, this is just a criminal austrian muslim with paranoia and without balls.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2017, 02:30:03 PM »

Kern's 7 point-plan also underlines the need to secure human rights inside of the EU....which sets him on a totally different path than Kurz, who always signaled that he could care less about the slow deconstruction of democratic standards in Hungary/Poland.

We got a real choice this time.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2017, 06:49:09 AM »

I am not really convinced.

This was a personal killing and the guy went to the police himself.

Radicalized for sure, stupid af for sure - but this would be the exception of all the IS murders.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2017, 04:35:56 PM »

if ovp-fpo coalition is realistic, is that mean fpo will betray its voters after election or austria really going in "far right" direction? also what are the odds of kpo-young greens?

do you mean far-right western-european style, far-right eastern-european style or something else?

at best this will be visengrad - lite.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2017, 01:37:18 PM »

not very likely.

the fpö would be the declining junior partner of a all-powerful neo-conservative strongman.

kurz won't fight against the media or say stupid stuff.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2017, 01:38:48 PM »

who got kicked out by the Greens because he wasn't "immigration-friendly" enough for them

this is not correct.

he may have lost his seat for being judges as a troublemaker by the party elite but he didn't lose his party membership cause of this.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »

the police union pushes back against the fpö-criticism and states haimbuchner - local fpö chief and vice governor of upper austria - should stop making overhasty statements.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2017, 09:38:52 AM »

i think he would have needed dönmez.

it's kind of frustrating for me that a talented leftie as dönmez would work with kurz just to secure a safe seat and enrage his old party.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies