Percentage of the population vote based on letter next to the candidates name?! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:17:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Percentage of the population vote based on letter next to the candidates name?! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Percentage of the population vote based on letter next to the candidates name?!  (Read 4222 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: June 25, 2020, 06:37:25 PM »

Given results in barely contested and hopeless races, I think it should be between 40-70% of the population depending on the state. Basically take any random hopeless election and multiply the result of the losing party by 2.

Depending on the race, this gives anywhere from 40% to 70% (for hopeless candidates that get 20% and 35% respectively)

States with high racial polarization (ie the deep south) will have more of it in my opinion as well.

sh**t like this is why I think voting straight ticket should be banned. Makes voters at least give some thought to their choices rather than hitting one button and leaving.

I am not memorizing dozens and dozens and dozens of judicial candidates.

Judicial races should not be partisan to begin with. Hell, you could even argue they shouldn't be elections at all!

I am not opposed to retention elections for judges, but the first election (or replacement if the retention election fails) should be an appointment from some independent justice commitee o or possibly from the state legislature if you want politician's control.

If the United States didn't have really weird stuff like ELECTING JUDGES or electing members of the state government, I'm sure ballots would be much shorter (also, some states seem to have referenda on approximately everything).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies