office of senator nerd73
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:36:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  office of senator nerd73
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: office of senator nerd73  (Read 804 times)
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2022, 04:19:09 PM »
« edited: March 03, 2023, 09:07:58 PM by nerd73 »

i might post some things here idk
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 10:08:21 PM »

i declare that i shall always oppose the agenda of a LGC deputy who hesitated on voice chat to say if he would stop the holocaust by eating a mcdouble
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 01:07:29 AM »

Thank you for reminding me to go get a McDouble tomorrow.

You're doing Dave's work.
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 01:57:53 AM »

wulfric just announced on voice chat that if he were in a supermax prison he would rather drop the soap than eat a mcdouble
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 04:35:35 AM »

wulfric just announced on voice chat that if he were in a supermax prison he would rather drop the soap than eat a mcdouble

That is Gay in every context. Wink
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 09:54:27 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2022, 10:03:01 PM by nerd73 »

lgc 10.30 is one of the most nefarious bills in the history of atlasia and i am proud to be voting against this bill backed by those who would not stop the holocaust if it meant eating two mcdoubles
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 07:07:24 PM »

lgc 10.30 is one of the most nefarious bills in the history of atlasia and i am proud to be voting against this bill backed by those who would not stop the holocaust if it meant eating two mcdoubles

I consider the hypothetical ridiculous and so refuse to entertain it
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2022, 05:32:18 AM »

The act never stated that eating two MacDonalds burgers isn't allowed. Also the act didn't include the other elements of the previously proposed 10.26 Fast Food excise act. I see the act as a good compromise between what some congresspeople wanted. It's nothing extra-ordinary given this is the standard salex tax usually in European countries for all products.

Just like cannabis in Lincoln (and other soft drugs) are legalized, the tax for these products is also slightly higher than other products. It doesn't necessarily mean that these products are outlawed if you consume or make use of them.

Thirdly, i would encourage you to take part in debates in the General Court itself, instead of ranting in your public office, given you've given no feedback at all and only make a vote. That means that your input cannot be taken into consideration in the creation of the act. Democracy is a decision process, and the debate is an essential part of that.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2022, 10:43:33 AM »

There are many loopholes to this as there is no definition of a fast food restaurant. 
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2022, 05:26:14 PM »

The act never stated that eating two MacDonalds burgers isn't allowed. Also the act didn't include the other elements of the previously proposed 10.26 Fast Food excise act. I see the act as a good compromise between what some congresspeople wanted. It's nothing extra-ordinary given this is the standard salex tax usually in European countries for all products.

Just like cannabis in Lincoln (and other soft drugs) are legalized, the tax for these products is also slightly higher than other products. It doesn't necessarily mean that these products are outlawed if you consume or make use of them.

Thirdly, i would encourage you to take part in debates in the General Court itself, instead of ranting in your public office, given you've given no feedback at all and only make a vote. That means that your input cannot be taken into consideration in the creation of the act. Democracy is a decision process, and the debate is an essential part of that.

Wulfric in VC hesitated when asked if he'd eat a mcdouble if it meant stopping the Holocaust, before saying yes, then refusing to answer when the deal was 2 mcdoubles instead, that's what the original post is about
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2022, 05:31:00 PM »

Wulfric in VC hesitated when asked if he'd eat a mcdouble if it meant stopping the Holocaust, before saying yes, then refusing to answer when the deal was 2 mcdoubles instead, that's what the original post is about

I personally would also hesitate, because I absolutely dislike the taste of a MacDonalds burger (but that has nothing to do with the Holocaust). I mean i would swallow my pride and eat it, but I personally don't like the taste. The thought of me eating such a burger, yea. But it's a personal taste thing. It's like the question whether one wants to drink their own pee if it would mean stopping the Holocaust, and again i probably would do so even if the thought of it disgusts me. That hasn't played a role in the act (for me). There are enough health reasons why it can be justified, and i'm for example a strong advocate of legal cannabis and the 21% tax rate applies for it as well.

I am not against fast food as a whole, i eat also fast food at times, maybe once a week or once every two weeks, just not Mc Donald Burgers or burgers in general, but other fast food (like for example pizza or french fries), which also classifies as fast food. Some moderation is though necessary but people are free to decide what to consume, it's just in this cate a 21% tax rate will be applied, just like for example there is an income tax as well. I wouldn't have voted for recommending against eating fast food specifically in an act. And if people wants to eat a burger, that's fine but I won't myself if i don't have to and that's my choice. Tying fast food solely to obesity is shallow and misinformed.

You are right though that fast food restaurant is poorly defined, maybe that needs to be defined better in an amendment.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2022, 12:41:36 AM »

Actually, while nerd has raised the issue, we might as well define the fast food restaurants out of that bill completely. Consider this a request to the Deputy from a constituent who would like slightly cheaper Big Macs, please and thank you.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2022, 03:01:57 PM »

I will strongly oppose "defining out" anything listed in the bill. It has been a years long journey for action on this issue and it is finally beginning to find success. I am not necessarily opposed to a fair definition however. I did previously propose this but there seem to be some strange edge cases with movie theaters and similar:

Any establishment that:

- Has a drive through service that takes curbside orders at time of arrival
OR
- Has you order at a counter
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2023, 02:14:45 AM »

(taps mic) Is this thing on?

I'll admit, I'm not great with speeches, so I apologize if this is a bit rough. In any case, while the results have not been fully calculated yet, it appears that I have likely been elected to the Senate. Well, I would like to thank the efforts of my compatriots in the Labor Party, as if not for me being given that chance last August in Lincoln I wouldn't be where I am in this game right now, and they have been wonderful people to work with. I look forward to legislating with them (as well as Peace, and everyone else elected) in the new Senate, and we're going to be hard at work delivering results for the Atlasian people. Things may have been quite divisive lately, and this election was not without it's own bitterness, but when we all come together, I truly believe that we can accomplish almost anything.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2023, 07:39:35 PM »

Congratulations on your electoral victory. I also want to thank you for the effort you've put in our campaign. Thank you.
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2024, 04:11:03 AM »

I'm taking a LOA for at least the next two weeks.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies