NJ: SUSA: Christie Up by 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 01:35:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ: SUSA: Christie Up by 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ: SUSA: Christie Up by 2  (Read 1188 times)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »

SUSA NJ

Christie 41%
Corzine 39%
Daggett 19%

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=7db77e05-7dee-44e9-b5c1-3cceb228e39c
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 12:26:46 AM »

Notice that this is a fairly Republican sample, something that most likely won't happen.

Only DEM+4

Among those who have already voted (small sample - 8%): 44-39-16-1 for Corzine
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:56:30 AM »

There seems to be a big difference in what percentage Christie and Daggett will get among Independents. The SUSA poll has it 49-24-24 for Christie, while the Rutgers poll has it 35-31-27 for Christe.

There´s also confusion about Daggett pulling more votes from Republicans or Democrats:

SUSA says Daggett wins more Republicans (20% vs. 15% Dems), while Rutgers says Daggett is winning more Democrats (16-14).
East Coast Republican

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:01:45 AM »

Yeah keep the propaganda going Tender!

You didn't even tear down the GQR poll-or attempt to.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 01:04:36 AM »

Yeah keep the propaganda going Tender!

You didn't even tear down the GQR poll-or attempt to.

I´m not aware they have crosstabs, just toplines and neither does Rasmussen. Otherwise I would include both of them.
East Coast Republican

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 01:08:13 AM »

Yet still you didn't acknowledge that they could possibly have interests in seeing Corzine prevail in this race?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 09:27:07 AM »

Yet still you didn't acknowledge that they could possibly have interests in seeing Corzine prevail in this race?

Why should I acknowledge this ? It`s a given fact that they are a firm with Democratic interests, just like PPP. It has nothing to do with their polling though. GQR had a good track record before (see their final 2008 election poll).
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 09:59:31 AM »

Why should I acknowledge this ? It`s a given fact that they are a firm with Democratic interests, just like PPP. It has nothing to do with their polling though. GQR had a good track record before (see their final 2008 election poll).

I have repeatedly stated that GQR cannot be trusted because they make the clearly partisan choice to read Daggett as a ballot choice before they read Christie.

There is absolutely no excuse for doing this except to hold down Christie's numbers.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 12:15:44 PM »

I have repeatedly stated that GQR cannot be trusted because they make the clearly partisan choice to read Daggett as a ballot choice before they read Christie.

There is absolutely no excuse for doing this except to hold down Christie's numbers.

I doubt that people are that dumb. If they wanna vote for a specific candidate, because they don`t like the others, it doesn`t matter on which position they are. Especially in a phone poll with only 3 options it makes absolutely no difference how they are ranked. People just don´t say "Daggett" if they want to vote for "Christie". Otherwise Daggett's numbers would have to be way higher than in other polls. In SUSA's poll, Christie is ranked 1st, despite Corzine winning the previous election, yet Daggett scores the same result or even higher than in GQR's poll. Is SUSA therefore "partisan" because they rank Christie first ? No.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 12:51:41 PM »

I doubt that people are that dumb. If they wanna vote for a specific candidate, because they don`t like the others, it doesn`t matter on which position they are. Especially in a phone poll with only 3 options it makes absolutely no difference how they are ranked. People just don´t say "Daggett" if they want to vote for "Christie". Otherwise Daggett's numbers would have to be way higher than in other polls. In SUSA's poll, Christie is ranked 1st, despite Corzine winning the previous election, yet Daggett scores the same result or even higher than in GQR's poll. Is SUSA therefore "partisan" because they rank Christie first ? No.

SUSA rotates the candidate names.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies