Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:21:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 389397 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »

I talked to Marokai and I don't think it's possible for me to recommend him.  Of course, I can't stop others from recommending him.  I just think we need someone else.  It's becoming quite evident why HC wants to get rid of the position Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 08:00:13 PM »

I talked to Marokai and I don't think it's possible for me to recommend him.  Of course, I can't stop others from recommending him.  I just think we need someone else.  It's becoming quite evident why HC and Napoleon wants to get rid of the position Tongue

Ahem.

Was that ahem because I messaged Marokai, or because I made a mistake and didn't say you wanted to get rid of the Lt. Gov position.  Either way, I'm sure your position is well-known and I changed it for you Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 08:10:08 PM »

I talked to Marokai and I don't think it's possible for me to recommend him.  Of course, I can't stop others from recommending him.  I just think we need someone else.  It's becoming quite evident why HC and Napoleon wants to get rid of the position Tongue

Ahem.

Was that ahem because I messaged Marokai, or because I made a mistake and didn't say you wanted to get rid of the Lt. Gov position.  Either way, I'm sure your position is well-known and I changed it for you Smiley

HC wanted to keep the position and I still want to abolish the useless distraction.

Ahh.. Thanks for clarifying.  I was under the assumption HC wanted to make it relevant or abolish it if that couldn't be done.  Nonetheless, it was you that publicly wanted to get rid of the position, so glad we clarified.

Edit:  There's still a vote going on.  Sorry for interrupting it Smiley

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 08:43:34 PM »

We're currently voting on suspending the rules in order to decrease debate time 12 hours.  Vote Aye to decrease, or vote Nay.

The debate is on clause 2 of the "Amendments to the Northeast Gun Safety Act" which reads as follows;

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2011, 11:37:25 PM »

Aye
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 11:44:22 PM »

I offer my name for recommendation for the position of Lt. Governor.

Uh, and give up being Senator?

I don't think we have any rule forbidding it so it's a legitimate recommendation.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 11:55:50 PM »

I'll add this: while the former Vice President has shown humility and regret for his actions unmatched by others, I think Dallasfan has a chance to truly serve his region in this position. I therefore request him to change his mind.

I would very much like that as well even if he told me no Tongue

Also, I would have known the obvious had I just read this;

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 12:22:07 PM »

We are currently in debate for 48 hours so your vote will have to wait.  Any comments in favor/opposition, amendments, motions, ect can be made at this time.

I can agree that we need to have people declare, but the only way we filled the seats this session were from write-ins.  If I remember correctly, the only one's to actually declare last regional election were wormyguy, HC, and myself. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 09:28:03 PM »

This really isn't a bill designed to respond to your rise as Governor.  It has to do with a recommendation from the CJO in response to a question about the election of redcommander;

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=134826.msg2936168#msg2936168
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 07:05:03 PM »

Winfields concerns are my biggest problem with this bill.  The fact that three people declared for Assembly last time, and seven seats were to be filled is a problem.  If there was competition during elections, I could see such an Act working.  However, this will likely leave seats open, declared candidates will automatically be elected, and the CJO will have to create special elections to fill the seats.  Again, this comes back to the need to reduce the Assembly size Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 08:13:22 PM »

Well I'm back. Did I miss anything?

In the future, remember to make a leave of absence thread.  Currently we are debating the piece of legislation HC has posted.

Napoleon, could you please explain (I know you did once already) why I should support the first half?  I can support municipalities having the power to ban billboards, but why should I support an out-right ban for them in rural areas?

In regards to the Lt. Gov position;

I'd like to recommend someone, but it's clear our options outside of already elected officials are thin.  If it pleases the Assembly, I'd like to recommend Napoleon so that Winfield is free to appoint a Lt. Gov.   

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 08:40:12 PM »

I agree with the amendment made by Morgan.  I can't support an outright ban of such billboards, but I'm willing to give municipalities the ability to do so.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2011, 11:33:40 PM »

Its perfectly constitutional in America...

This is not America?..
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 12:14:31 AM »

I welcome your questioning of my intelligence outside of this thread, but let's avoid turning this into every other thread on the Atlasia boards. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 12:24:38 AM »

Back to the bill;

I will support the amendment made by FallenMorgan, but will not vote Aye on the current bill. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 10:00:04 AM »

Aye on the amendment
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »

Aye on the bill

[X] Napoleon
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »

Aye
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 02:35:32 PM »

Without a Lt. Gov, Speaker homely is in charge of the Assembly Smiley.  I knew we'd have to do this again so here it goes;

We need to recommend Napoleon again for Lt. Gov.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 06:51:06 AM »

Winfield, you have the ability to ask someone to update the wiki when you can but ultimately, it is your responsibility.  Once it is back in order I (along with others probably) would have no problem updating it when I can, however, the responsibility of assuring it is updated would fall on the Gov/CJO
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 09:03:26 AM »

Even if we only have 3 members it would be progress nonetheless.  Obviously I'm willing to work on the commission, and I'm sure we have a few others to fill spots as well.  The biggest obstacle will be for the commission.  Actually figuring out what is still law, as opposed to outdated material will be the biggest challenge.  Once that is done, it shouldn't be difficult at all to update the wiki whenever the Governor signs something into law, or the constitution is changed.

Perhaps we should change Sec III, subsection a to a certain number (to be determined by the Northeast Assembly), or eliminate that wording (see last parentheses) all together?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »

I've learned my lesson with "commissions" of any sort.

No way.

Is that disapproval of this bill or are you just letting us know you're not interested in joining?  Realistically, if you don't support this bill, what other way might you suggest the wiki be fixed?

Napoleon, as I said before, the Gov is free to have someone else add laws in the wiki.  The responsibility of failure to update it however, lies on the Gov's shoulder.  If this is to much to ask, I'm willing to hear any argument as to why.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2011, 01:17:42 PM »

I wish it had been a community effort.  Had the wiki been properly kept we wouldn't need to worry about making sure someone is responsible for such.  I understand your argument, and yes, we do need more than just one or two citizens to maintain the regions page.  However, unless we do something like this, it will be very hard to allow others to contribute, because the wiki doesn't have a solid base to update off of.

Of course, once the commission is done, as they are meant to be temporary and do the bulk workload, I would have no problem helping to update the wiki, as I would hope many others would also help with.  This is why Section V. exists explicitly. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 09:17:10 AM »

Aye
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »

Simfan needs to message Dave and ask for wiki access immediately then.  So who do we have to join?  Me, Simfan, Winfield? Who else? 

The bill; I will not be supporting this bill.  As wonderful as it would be for our corporations to conduct their business in the Northeast, favoring certain entities in this manner is something I can't agree to. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies