Welcome to the Dystopia: the Myriad wonders of a privatized health care system (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:59:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Welcome to the Dystopia: the Myriad wonders of a privatized health care system (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Welcome to the Dystopia: the Myriad wonders of a privatized health care system  (Read 838 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 27, 2012, 12:04:40 AM »
« edited: April 27, 2012, 12:16:16 AM by Kevin »

Perhaps if there was not such a wide disparity in the prices charged to the uninsured and what the insurance companies extort out of the system, there would be less in the way of people not paying what they owe for health care.

There was a report I was reading(I'll dig it up later when I have the time) that showed less then 2-3% of all health care costs going towards insurgence company profit. The overwhelming majority of costs(like 90%+) went towards things like paying for equipment, instruments, personnel, administration, other related programs etc. Keep in mind health care in itself under any type of system(whether public or private) is incredibly expensive and someone has to foot the bill. Like Vosem just mentioned.  

Although, I can say that I find this practice(if true/not blown out of proportion) to be outrageous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies