War of the Roses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:07:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  War of the Roses
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which side, in retrospect, would you have supported if you had to choose?
Lancaster

York

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: War of the Roses  (Read 336 times)
WritOfCertiorari

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2018, 01:01:50 PM »

This is a tough one because I actually think the York branch (other than Richard III) were more sensible. On the other hand, the Lancaster dynasty were more legitimate in the sense of direct descent. When Henry Tudor took over England after the Battle of Bosworth Field, he had the support of those who had backed the by then extinct Lancasters, as well as some Yorkists who didn't like Richard III. Tudor himself was descended from the Lancasters, and married Richard III's niece. This created one of the most stable and even peaceful times in English history.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 01:32:43 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2018, 01:41:41 PM by Lechasseur »

This is a tough one because I actually think the York branch (other than Richard III) were more sensible. On the other hand, the Lancaster dynasty were more legitimate in the sense of direct descent. When Henry Tudor took over England after the Battle of Bosworth Field, he had the support of those who had backed the by then extinct Lancasters, as well as some Yorkists who didn't like Richard III. Tudor himself was descended from the Lancasters, and married Richard III's niece. This created one of the most stable and even peaceful times in English history.

I basically agree. This is a tough one.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies