As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:06:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 318146 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »

Have you ever been in any type of supervisory position anywhere?  Including places where you simply volunteer?  And if so, how many people reported to you?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »

Jeff - do you have any proof you can give us that this job is real?  Or that you still hold your current job?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 11:30:55 PM »

Jeff - do you have any proof you can give us that this job is real?  Or that you still hold your current job?

He already said that he no longer has the OK job, and is now unemployed:

Do you still have your OK job, Bushie?

No.  Even if I did, though, $8.75 an hour with gas prices skyrocketing would barely even get me gas money.

Look, I'm all for calling out Bushie on the preposterous-sounding nature of his story, but I don't see the point of now demanding proof.  Why do you care so much as to demand proof?  He tells his tale, we tell him we don't believe him, but it's his choice as to whether he wants to try to convince us otherwise.

Because if he's making this up just to fool with the forum, he probably won't be here much longer.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2012, 02:22:25 AM »

So have you already given back the money for the Kenya trip?

And how are you paying your day-to-day bills since you quit your job?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2012, 02:47:22 AM »

Not near as often.  When I went this past Monday, it was the first time I had gone in a couple months.

Good cause the threat to ban you for being a fat still exists, no?

At least mod review, yes.  The criteria for avoiding the 50 death points was 25 pounds.  I've got 6 weeks left and I have lost 15 pounds.  It's been more difficult with my mother being in the hospital this week, and because of that, I'm still going out, but I'm just getting a singly patty burger with no cheese and no fries.  I started at 264, and I'm down to 250.  So, I guess that's 14 pounds to be exact.

Ah, ok, mod reivew......but Mikado's a serious man (except when he's drinking and whoring around), so get to losing the weight Wink

I'll outdrink my counterpart any day. Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2012, 12:49:30 AM »

If you really want to try and lose weight you should try and make it onto The Biggest Loser. They'll break you push yourself like you can't on your own.

I've thought about that or possibly even Big Brother with those competitions.  However, even though I'm still 250 pounds, I'm only 40 pounds from my ultimate goal of 210.  I can easily do it in the next 6 months.  I'm not going to try to get below 200, as I want to be just a little plump, but definitely a lot lower than I am now.  I'm 40 pounds from my goal, but only 25 pounds from being satisfied.  The range i would like to be at is 200-225.  I have absolutely no desire to be slim, fit, and trim.  I just want to be a lot lighter than I am now.

Big Brother?  That doesn't seem like the type of show that would be healthy for you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2012, 01:56:24 PM »

What would the job with the FAA be?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »

This isn't another Katrina. It will be bad and you should take shelter, but as far as I know it isn't a category 5 and it won't wreck havoc 500 miles inland. It's silly they even cancelled the RNC for a few high waves.

I disagree with that one - at the point they cancelled it, there was much less certainty in the track of the storm.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2012, 11:49:05 PM »

Things have changed dramatically just over the last 5 hours. First of all, the opportunity in Kansas busted.  That wasn’t the end of it, though.  I got a call from a firm in, guess…, Utah, Ogden, Utah.  I’ve got a job up there as a junior web developer if I want it starting Monday, September 10, 2012.  I have talked it over with my parents, and I will be on my way to Utah on Monday, September 3, 2012.  I will be staying in an extended stay hotel for probably the first two months until I get a real good feel for how I will like the job.  This is my opportunity, and I’m taking it!!  This application process started earlier in August even while Xerox was playing its game with me, but I just kept it under my hat for a while as Kansas was my first choice.

So you lied again?  You said you were putting all of your eggs in one basket (being Kansas).  Come on, man...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2012, 11:52:08 PM »

This isn't another Katrina. It will be bad and you should take shelter, but as far as I know it isn't a category 5 and it won't wreck havoc 500 miles inland. It's silly they even cancelled the RNC for a few high waves.

I'm pretty sure Katrina was only a Category 3 when it actually made landfall.

It was; however, it's possible that Category 4 winds impacted Louisiana right before it weakened to a Category 3.  Even if this hits as a Category 1 though, you're going to see a lot of flooding in the city.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2012, 12:13:20 PM »

Things have changed dramatically just over the last 5 hours. First of all, the opportunity in Kansas busted.  That wasn’t the end of it, though.  I got a call from a firm in, guess…, Utah, Ogden, Utah.  I’ve got a job up there as a junior web developer if I want it starting Monday, September 10, 2012.  I have talked it over with my parents, and I will be on my way to Utah on Monday, September 3, 2012.  I will be staying in an extended stay hotel for probably the first two months until I get a real good feel for how I will like the job.  This is my opportunity, and I’m taking it!!  This application process started earlier in August even while Xerox was playing its game with me, but I just kept it under my hat for a while as Kansas was my first choice.

So you lied again?  You said you were putting all of your eggs in one basket (being Kansas).  Come on, man...

I did not lie.  I was putting all my eggs in the Kansas basket, then when Kansas went down, I withdrew the eggs and placed them in the Utah basket.  I was all in for Kansas should they have accepted me.

So you had never heard from the Utah company until after Kansas rejected you, and the first thing you heard from Utah was that you all of a sudden had a job without talking to them before this?  Because if not, not all of your eggs were in Kansas...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2012, 03:41:47 PM »

It's not a small technicality.  Putting all of your eggs in one basket, just to have that basket fall to the ground means you don't have any eggs left.  Putting most of your eggs in one basket means you still have eggs left.  It's not a technicality - it's a huge difference.  Time after time you've been dishonest with the forum, and your story never stays the same.

All of a sudden your sure-fire plan falls through and WHAMO! there's a sudden back-up plan.  But we can't know what the company is?  For someone who compulsively shares details of his life with the forum, that seems strange.  So why all of a sudden is there secrecy with this company and none of the previous ones?  Is this another Rainbow incident?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2012, 12:29:23 AM »

Is this a job with an actual Aetna office in Layton?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2012, 12:16:26 PM »

Apparently other people already posted the stuff I researched last night. Sad  I was hoping to break the story.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »

I probably won't lock the thread this time, as I've tried that, I can't help myself.  I'm just going to let you guys mock all you want to mock and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it.  I know what I know and we'll find out if what I know is true or not in 12 days.

People aren't mocking you.  Rather we are pointing out that yet again, a non-truth was told.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2012, 12:39:03 PM »

I stand corrected, it is Salt Lake City, actually Option A on the map.  I don't know why I said Layton, I must have been thinking of another possibility, not Aetna.  Aetna is indeed Option A on the map and another possibility I have is in Layton.  Since Aetna is a sure job, I don't have to worry about the possibility.

How is it a "sure job"?  Are all off your eggs in this basket again now?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »

I don't know guys, just a search for Aetna Salt Lake City reveals some jobs with company in the Salt Lake City area and plenty of them involve web development.  Maybe Bushie isn't lying this time.

Either way, I won't be surprised.  Hopefully the writers have a better twist coming.

For that to be true, you're believing that SLC job is real, and he intended to tell us about that.  Instead, he told us about the job, but accidentally described it as in the city of anothe job he so far hasn't mentioned once (coming from someone who shares almost everything he does with the forum), but that doesn't matter because the SLC job is a guarantee, so we don't have to worry about the othe job.

Does that sound reasonable?  No.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2012, 02:08:03 PM »

You KNOW this job is going to last?  You told us that about Kenya...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2012, 02:38:36 PM »

I'm rooting for BushKE, but I know this is a lie. I guess we can just sit back and wait until he returns to Oklahoma after being let go for some random reason.

I don't think he'll make it that far, because I don't think the job exists.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2012, 03:23:11 PM »

The man needs to get on welfare. Period.

No... someone who quit a job to go chase a potential job just to have his dreams shot down should not be on welfare.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2012, 01:39:25 AM »

Bushie, what's the pay?  (Don't be coy with this, you've told us that type of info and more before.)

Hmmm he answered this earlier but seems to have deleted it...

Sorry.  That might have been me.  My laptop froze while I was reading the thread earlier, and I clicked a couple times on the page as well as scrolled up and down - so it might've happened once it unfroze.  I didn't notice anything different, but it's possible it got deleted then - I'm honestly not sure.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2012, 02:06:43 PM »

Nope... just a 6-year-old Dell laptop that thinks it's a rebel.  Like I said earlier, as long as you're not posting private information about other people, you pretty much have free reign with this thread now.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »

Why is your mother paying your mortgage?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »

Duke, he already knows the Utah job is bogus. There are darker forces at work here.

I've got proof that it's real sitting in my email - a real offer letter.

Can we see a screenshot of this e-mail?  Feel free to redact anything confidential.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »

I am going to add 4 big firsts to my life tomorrow.  First off, I have never before been west of I-25.  I will do just that tomorrow morning.  Secondly, I'm going to add 3 new states to my have been in list.  Wyoming, Utah, and Idaho.  Idaho is only 57 miles north of Ogden, so I'm going to drive up and touch the southeastern corner of Idaho on I-15, by going up and back down.  It should only add an additional hour and 45 minutes to my trip.  So, I am going to leave earlier than I had planned, around 5:00 MDT.

You're truly a bizarre individual.

It's kind of a ridiculous waste of gas.

Not if he has a goal of getting to all of the states or something like that.  That's something a fair amount of people do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies