Overtime Politics Thread (WARNING: Possible fraud) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:36:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Overtime Politics Thread (WARNING: Possible fraud) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Overtime Politics Thread (WARNING: Possible fraud)  (Read 72812 times)
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 17, 2015, 07:08:27 PM »

http://overtimepolitics.com/clinton-leads-sanders-51-39-in-new-nevada-democratic-caucus-poll/

Clinton 51%

Sanders 39%

O'Malley 3%

Undecided 7%

Smallish sample size (about 225 people). They say that they will poll at least once more before the caucus.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 07:12:23 PM »

The Nevada caucus is the first one after NH for the Dems. This could be a good sign for Sanders. Polling has been relatively sparse in NV; I'm pretty sure that this is the closest poll yet. We'll see if OvertimePolitics is worth anything. I wish that they had a breakdown by LV vs Non-LV along with the usual race/gender breakdowns.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 07:23:29 PM »

As I recall, the Nevada caucuses have the same 15% viability threshold in every precinct that Iowa has, don't they?  That's why Edwards got virtually nothing here in 2008.  So whatever low single digit statewide %age O'Malley is getting here is going to end up largely distributed between Clinton and Sanders.

Yeah; they mention that a bit in the article. That would explain why Edwards only got 1.5% in Clark County (LV). It's a lot easier to get 15% or more if there's only 5 people at a caucus.

I really wish that pollsters would ask O'Malley voters who their second choice is.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 07:46:43 PM »

Wow. That's not even a methodology.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 09:58:42 PM »

All things considered, Clinton has a whole delegation of Latino Congresswomen, in the state of NV who supports her.

Isn't she Nevada's lone Democrat in the house?
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 12:39:40 AM »

Caucuses are hard to poll. I still think that this will be one of Sanders's better chances to win somewhere outside of VT on Super Tuesday.

Also,

I think Overtime Politics is overestimating Clinton's support here by about 45%, maybe even more. This is Colorado after all.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 05:09:19 AM »

Hahahaha. I think we might have a Worst Poll of the Year contender here folks!

As well as Worst New Pollster.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 03:11:15 PM »

Obviously, Sanders's support will only go up after he triumphs in the first four states. Sanders has the south in a bag. AR and TN are only the beginning.

/s
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 09:29:43 PM »

I definitely think it's a good idea to quarantine it to one thread. If their methods become more advanced, then perhaps they can be moved out in due time.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 02:07:42 AM »

131 emails, so it probably was't just Atlas, unless one of you e-mailed him 100 times.

Anybody else willing to bet that r/sandersforpresident had something to do with this?

Why would they? These polls have their boy doing so well, why would they want anything to change?

There's still a few reasonable folks. Out of 137,000ish, I'm sure that you could find at least 1/1000 that like him, but aren't Berniebots. They do call out some blatant BS polls (I saw a post about an Overtime poll on there and it was doing decently).
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 04:10:58 PM »

So basically some random guy just decided to become (or pretend to be) a pollster. Okay.

That's what it sounds like to me too. He might've gotten help from a few friends, but that's it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies