The Republican war on Teleprompters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:44:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Republican war on Teleprompters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Republican war on Teleprompters  (Read 2329 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

« on: March 24, 2012, 11:22:40 PM »

So, I'm here to ask a question about an issue that's been bugging me. Apparently, in Republican world, Obama is an empty suit who can't speak a coherent sentence without a teleprompter handy everywhere he goes. You hear the jokes and criticism of the teleprompter in repub. circles all the time. What the hell is with this?

If I recall, every modern President has used a teleprompter. I mean, do people expect Obama to speak off the cuff at the State of the Union for god's sake?? It seems to me that among some people there's a simple formula: If Obama does it = BAD

Oh, and Bush used a teleprompter, and he needed it.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »

It seems to me that the Karl Rove method only works when the candidate you're trying to attack isn't actually in office. That way, your attacks have more merit because they can't really be tested in a real environment. We all know that Obama is a good speaker, but he's also proven to be a competent executive. Yeah, I said it yall.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 11:57:00 PM »

If this campaign is SOOO important and the situation SOOOO dire, then the Republicans should hone in on more important issues instead of this fabricated line of criticism.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies