Excited for the President's address to Congress? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:13:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Excited for the President's address to Congress? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you excited for President Obama's first address to a joint session of Congress?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Excited for the President's address to Congress?  (Read 10755 times)
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.42, S: -8.09

« on: February 24, 2009, 10:19:02 PM »

Will all the networks carry Jindal?  I'm thinking I should switch over to FNC just in case.

I had on ABC, did I miss it or are they ignoring him?

Edit - He'll be on CNN after the commercials.
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 10:31:08 PM »

Yeah, I think Jindal's crashing.  So much for his hopes in 2012.
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 10:34:32 PM »

Isn't it a little early for him to be trying snatch the 'change/Washington outsider' mantle from Obama?
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 10:36:09 PM »

Now he's the 'hope' candidate, too. 
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 10:38:50 PM »

I really doubt that his chances for the nomination are sunk because of an address that few people will see or remember.

Wow, Piyush has been really embarassing tonight. Is this how he normally speaks?

I love when Democrats can make fun of someone's name...  Roll Eyes

I remember Tim Kaine's name being mentioned pretty heavily for 2008 until he bombed giving a rebuttal.  2005 or 2006, I can't remember which.
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:41:12 PM »

Now he's the 'hope' candidate, too. 

Dude, he's not campaigning.  He's given a State of the Union response speech.

Right, and Obama's wasn't the first major stump speech of the 2012 elections.  Jindal wouldn't be doing this if the GOP wasn't trying him out for the same election.
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 10:42:46 PM »

I really doubt that his chances for the nomination are sunk because of an address that few people will see or remember.

Wow, Piyush has been really embarassing tonight. Is this how he normally speaks?

I remember Tim Kaine's name being mentioned pretty heavily for 2008 until he bombed giving a rebuttal.  2005 or 2006, I can't remember which.

No one talked about Kaine for President in 2008. No one talked about it seriously at least.

Anyway, MSNBC is a huge joke. Chris Matthews basically said that the GOP can't talk about corruption because Scooter Libby was a registered Republican. Really, Chris? That's the best you have?

Not true.  People, at least the ones I know and the pundits I read/watched, were talking about him the same way Jindal's been talked about recently.  Rising star, popular southern Gov, etc.
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:32:15 PM »

You're ignoring other things Chris and Rachel mentioned, like "Bobby" invoking Katrina as an example of why we can't depend on government. Seriously? It had nothing to do with Republicans cramming a little known independent agency called FEMA into Homeland Security to 'consolidate' government?

Actually, uh, it is a classic example as to why we can't rely totally on the government.

Of course you deliver your typical hack nonsense and give no blame to the Democratic Governor at the time.

No one talked about Kaine for President in 2008. No one talked about it seriously at least.

Anyway, MSNBC is a huge joke. Chris Matthews basically said that the GOP can't talk about corruption because Scooter Libby was a registered Republican. Really, Chris? That's the best you have?

Not true.  People, at least the ones I know and the pundits I read/watched, were talking about him the same way Jindal's been talked about recently.  Rising star, popular southern Gov, etc.

Uh...

No, they never spoke about Kaine like they speak about Jindal. Sure, Kaine was a rising star but he was never talked about as a Presidential candidate in 2008.

Your right, I must have imagined it.  Thanks for the correction.
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 04:27:21 AM »

OMFG I AM IN TASTE HEAVEN

http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/asia/hawaiian/00/rec0001.html
I just made that during this process + some local specialty Pineapple-flavored olive oil from NoCal.  Delish.  That stupid Salmon cost over twenty bucks but he's paying me back via taste buds this very moment.

Damn, I got stuck with four McChickens.  I have them swap the mayo for tartar.  It's really tasty, but not enough to make me do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4baQaUFd7LU
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 05:08:01 AM »

He's the coolest when doing behind the scenes stuff that the government doesn't tell us about.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies