Constitution Development Comment Box (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:11:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Constitution Development Comment Box (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Constitution Development Comment Box  (Read 13554 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: April 05, 2009, 06:48:42 AM »

I too would like to express that I think universalism would end up killing the Atlasian system

$Dan$(Devilman88), a begging citzen

Do you care explaining why?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 07:53:18 AM »

I too would like to express that I think universalism would end up killing the Atlasian system

The universalism system would need alot of active members, that we don't have. Just look at the past election, people only show up for the elections and that is it. Also this would end up killing the regions and their governments.  Maybe the universalism system will be able to work at one point, but right now I believe we don't have the numbers of active members we need.

I have said in the past that I support making some kind of activity requirement for members to vote in the lower house, to prevent just that. Maybe with a universal system, those voters who just turn out to vote but can't do anything in Atlasia since they don't hold an office could just get involved in a universal system and they could propose stuff. Both ways, it's too early to speculate who will get involved and who will not.

I don't believe this would kill the regions, most of which are effectively dead right now to begin with. Either because of downright incompetent crap administrations or voters being more interested in federal matters than regional matters. If universalism passes, I think that an amendment allowing lower house members only to hold a regional office would be necessary.

We need to stimulate activity in Atlasia, and I believe universalism is the best system to provide that. I have yet to hear why the other systems would effectively stimulate activity and encourage non-members to join.

Ive done so in more than simple detail. Perhaps you would like to be the first person to actually respond to it?

I don't specifically recall asking for your opinion, now. I think I've heard it enough already.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 08:10:57 AM »

I don't really give a damn whether you asked for my opinion or not. I posted a very lengthy criticism of Universalism, if you want to defend it, perhaps your time would be better spent there than going after newbie non-delegates.

Maybe I can do what I goddamn please.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 08:35:54 AM »

Forgive me for not taking you the least bit seriously, then. If you're not actually willing to participate in a debate over your system of choice with someone who has spent a great deal of time trying to understand how all the systems would work and posted a very detailed thread about that proposal, and would rather ask questions of someone who just joined Atlasia, that's not really a discussion.

What have I just done with Dan if not debate right there? I think I can debate whoever I wish. Unless I misread the rules somewhere that forbids me from asking a legitimate question to a member, new or not. Anyways, that's irrelevant.

I have yet to hear why Presidential whatever will stimulate more membership. I doubt that people will magically appear in mass to join a presidential system over a universalist system. And I doubt people will leave massively if a universalist system comes about. I don't think the adoption of one system over another will make people appear in mass to join.

Atlasia is losing people. Atlasia is dying. In the end, I don't care what we adopt, we just need a system that will stimulate membership. Anything. Killing off the regions is to be considered seriously if we continue to see a decline in membership that could not sustain two levels of government, one of which is quasi-dead effectively in a majority of cases. Or else, we might as well kill off Atlasia as a whole if decline continues. I personally think universalism is the best system out there currently. But I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise. Which I have not been until now. In addition, I'm European and I've never been a fan of presidentialism or semi-presidentialism.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 09:12:28 AM »

In order to make this discussion more orderly and productive, may I ask that Hashemite, Smid, and Marokai, each of you present one post in which you state in a few paragraphs why you think Universalism is good/bad and a few ideas you have for it/ideas you have instead of it? Do this without directly addressing each other, but rather as a sort of "pitch" to the delegates.

I think that's already been done. Quite often, even.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 09:18:34 AM »

If thee wishes, I guess.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I also link to my post, yet again.

Voila. Happy?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies