What if the Superdelegates coronate Hillary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:21:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What if the Superdelegates coronate Hillary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if the Superdelegates coronate Hillary?  (Read 6567 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: February 15, 2008, 10:09:22 PM »

Will they be in Rome when it happens?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 12:02:25 AM »

I tend to agree with JJ on what Obama needs to win this thing.  Just because of who controls the Democratic party, and it ain't the Obama people.

Then why has Obama gotten a virtual monopoly on endorsements during the competitive phase of the campaign, why is Hillary hemorrhaging superdelegates, and why are there reports that Pelosi, etc. is leaning toward Obama?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:45:18 AM »

I tend to agree with JJ on what Obama needs to win this thing.  Just because of who controls the Democratic party, and it ain't the Obama people.

I'm confused.  J.J. said:

No.  It comes down to this.  Obama has a majority of all delegates, minus FL and MI, or Hillary is the nominee.

Isn't that kind of obvious?  Whoever has the majority of delegates wins.  What's the connection between that and who controls the Democratic party?

It makes sense if you believe that J.J. meant that Obama's lead in pledged delegates was more than enough to overcome the Clinton bias in superdelegates.

Given that Obama's people have been claiming that the superdelegate numbers have evened up, and given all of Obama's establishment support during the competitive phase of the campaign, I still find it hard to see where Sam Spade's prediction that the superdelegates will somehow stampede to Clinton is coming from though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies