Closet Republicans? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 06:35:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Closet Republicans? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Closet Republicans?  (Read 9129 times)
rc251

« on: December 29, 2004, 02:42:02 PM »

Funny I should see this topic Smiley I live in San Francisco, and I voted Republican.

In terms of flaunting my vote, I did stay pretty quiet the day after the election. I'm actually currently attending a community college in San Francisco, and it was pretty quiet on campus on the election. Some guy I don't even know just went up to me and said something like "Man, Bush really ****ed it up", then asked me who I voted for. I just shrugged and said nobody. Maybe I'm a wussie but I didn't feel like arguing with people immediatly after the elections when tensions were still a little high. As I was leaving school, I overheard a girl talking on her cellphone say something like "he could still be impeached, or maybe assassinated", I guess she was assessing the chances of Bush not serving despite the election results.

In terms of violent liberals, it's not really a problem unless you're dealing with the far left. I know the San Francisco State University College Republicans had some problems:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=16079

(this comes from a conservative newspaper, but it's the only article I've found that has media and quotations from the police report)

Aside from that, the only other far left violence I've seen is against the counter-protesters of the website www.ProtestWarrior.com. I assume they probably had something scheduled around election time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies