Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:17:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment  (Read 11867 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: April 14, 2012, 08:29:45 AM »

I'm surprised nobody's started a topic on this yet.  What are your thoughts on Rosen's comment?

This story is being hyped by the media in an attempt to help Romney. But Rosen is not an Obama strategist, so it's really not even relevant to Obama.

The media needs to just shut its mouth.

Correct, Bandit. Romney seems on course to get a John McCain style 2008 free pass Angry
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 09:19:49 AM »

Correct, Bandit. Romney seems on course to get a John McCain style 2008 free pass Angry

Or even worse, a Bush-style free pass.

Had a bad feeling in my water with GWB from DAY ONE. Indeed, the Reactionary Party seems oblivious to the fact that capitalism requires more broad-based prosperity (Bill Clinton, to a point, understood that, which is why, economically, he was by far more successful than any of the Republicans post-1981)

If only a Democrat Smiley had been bequeathed the Clinton legacy of prosperity (given that most of the 22% gain in median incomes - during the Washington Consensus - occurred during his presidency), low unemployment (23 million jobs generated between 1993-2001) and solvent government

Anyway, nothing changes the fact that the 'Crash of 2008' has totally and utterly discredited the neoliberal mantra espoused by Friedrich von Hayek. Reactionary Party-nomics have proven themselves The Road to Serfdom

The Democratic Party is the party of middle class empowerment; the Reactionary Party that of middle class emaciation. If the GOP hadn't gained control of the House of Representatives or made sizeable gains in the Senate, in 2010, the economic recovery may well have been locked-in with unemployment on a more rapidly trend downwards.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »

I joked that I was mostly offended because it was a useful gaffe for our side. But I do want to say, I don't think this gaffe is as much of a non-issue as Democrats want to say it is.

They key electorate this cycle is women. And Hilary's comments will piss off a lot of women. It will certainly piss off the moms of higher-income families--Rosen's comments were a direct assault on their lifestyles. I'd say there'd be a fair middle-class population of stay-at-home moms too--a group that Obama desperately needs. And even poorer mothers who do work could take some issue with this, just out of feeling rubbed the wrong way.

The comments could be made to symbolize the group that Democrats would leave out in the dust come a second term.

Rosen's comments, of course, have nothing to do with the Obama administration
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »

We're coming for your soccer moms with the New King of Triangulation!

How pray is Romney going to triangulate given that if the Earth was flat the Reactionary Party would have fallen off the right face of it?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies