Mideast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:20:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 256457 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2010, 03:18:13 PM »

I nominate Inks for Speaker
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2010, 10:55:20 PM »

Shall we start our speaker vote?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2010, 01:14:35 PM »

Shall we start our vote for Speaker to get a ConCon delegate elected finally?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2010, 08:57:57 PM »

Ok I think the Dean or former Speaker is suppose to run the Speaker election so can we please hurray this up as the entire nation is waiting on us Smiley

Or I'll just start the vote and we can decide if it's legal and what not later Wink

I vote Inks for Speaker
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2010, 04:56:06 PM »

and when Ben left the Dean is now?...
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »

The dean I think is either HW or A-Bob.

Of course Barnes suggested in his assembly thread that since there's only one candidate (Inks), we might as well just declare him speaker. What do the other Assemblymen think?

^
I agree. We can figure out the official dean stuff later when we really need to.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2010, 02:16:40 PM »

Can we please start the vote on ConCon?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2010, 10:58:47 PM »

afleitch
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »

Shall we move on to vote to confirm afleitch for Superior Court?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2010, 02:39:49 PM »

Alright then, barring objection, I ask that we move to hold a vote on this nomination.

seconded
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »

Aye
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »

Greenhouse gases will NEVER be eliminated and shouldn't since we need them anyways for our planet to allow for life. We have 15% unemployment, now is not the time to destroy every small business in the Mideast.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »

Smaller business can't pay for these emission reductions like big business can. If you are anti-corporate you are doing the reverse effect because small business gets taxed to death because they don't have the money in the first place to keep up with this regulation and then we have monopolies.

So really, the large companies can pay for these changes, the small companies have to pay the fees which goes through section E back to them to have energy efficient projects only this goes all through bureaucracy and less money comes out.

I’m not against cleaning our world up. I think the best way to do this is tax credits period. This way when smaller businesses can afford these changes, they will instead of starting up and then getting penalized to death with taxes.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2010, 07:11:20 PM »

Smaller business can't pay for these emission reductions like big business can. If you are anti-corporate you are doing the reverse effect because small business gets taxed to death because they don't have the money in the first place to keep up with this regulation and then we have monopolies.

So really, the large companies can pay for these changes, the small companies have to pay the fees which goes through section E back to them to have energy efficient projects only this goes all through bureaucracy and less money comes out.

I’m not against cleaning our world up. I think the best way to do this is tax credits period. This way when smaller businesses can afford these changes, they will instead of starting up and then getting penalized to death with taxes.

Well then propose an amendment that sets up a different tax on each "level" of business.

How about we actually try to make a good bill? Of course, I know it's much easier to just say you oppose it and stop anything from happening. Wink

Yes, but I don't want a cap and tax system in the first place Smiley Not to be rude, but can we focus on the budget first? IF this passes it will be worthless because we are having a reboot once the budget is passed. I'd like to work on this with you, but after what should be our top priority and the most lenghty, the budget.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2010, 07:23:17 PM »

Well then propose an amendment that sets up a different tax on each "level" of business.

How about we actually try to make a good bill? Of course, I know it's much easier to just say you oppose it and stop anything from happening. Wink

Yes, but I don't want a cap and tax system in the first place Smiley Not to be rude, but can we focus on the budget first? IF this passes it will be worthless because we are having a reboot once the budget is passed. I'd like to work on this with you, but after what should be our top priority and the most lenghty, the budget.

Grr...What's the status of the budget? Behind the scenes, anyway?

I completed infrastructure. That's  a start
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2010, 07:27:24 PM »

Huzzah! I finally get to propose this thing. Wink

The Affordable Energy
and Environmental Protection Act

[snip]

You have some good ideas in sections 3 and 5. I don't know whether I can support the other sections of the bill, however.

Well, I understand why you might be opposed to Cap and Trade, however, I'm open to an alternative that still does the job! Wink

Good. This will be good to discuss, properly, after the budget Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2010, 07:28:07 PM »

Okay since everything so far is behind the scenes, shall we just throw sections of the budget out here and then work on things and once we call it good slap everything together into a real, full budget?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2010, 07:44:27 PM »

I hereby withdraw my bill.

It will be back, I promise. Wink

Okay since everything so far is behind the scenes, shall we just throw sections of the budget out here and then work on things and once we call it good slap everything together into a real, full budget?

Maybe we should develop exact rules of procedure when working on the budget?

Thank you for putting this on a hold, Barnes.
Assembly, let's work together and try and get this budget through by the end of the month, at the latest. It can be done! Smiley
Easy to say. Hard to do Cheesy
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2010, 07:45:10 PM »

What do you have in mind?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2010, 07:50:01 PM »

Well, perhaps allowing multiple "sections" to be considered at on time. Or maybe even setting a maximum amount of debate time, and once the time runs out, the approved sections are automatically merged into the budget, which is then voted on.

I'm for the multiple sections are once. However, I don't think we should limit debate on the most important thing this Assembly will have done since the creation of Atlasia
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »

Well, perhaps allowing multiple "sections" to be considered at on time. Or maybe even setting a maximum amount of debate time, and once the time runs out, the approved sections are automatically merged into the budget, which is then voted on.

I'm for the multiple sections are once. However, I don't think we should limit debate on the most important thing this Assembly will have done since the creation of Atlasia

I disagree on calling it "the most important thing", however, theoretically, the budget could take a whole session to pass. Tongue

It's the first time we're actually addressing all the issues and actually having control over the taxes and spending of government. When else has something this big happened?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2010, 06:17:24 PM »

Ok I'm just going to throw this out there since nothing is happening and we can build from here.

Infrastructure
$29.2 billion for improvement and maintenance to roads, highways, and airports.
$2.9 billion for construction to roads, highways, and airports.
$13 billion for improvement, maintenance and construction of mass transit including buses, subways, trains.
$7.5 billion for improvement and maintenance of water and sewer infrastructure.
$1 billion for construction of water and sewer infrastructure.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2010, 02:07:41 PM »

Since the Mideast is also creating a budget process, I invite citizens of this fine region to explore some of the cool US federal budget sims I posted in a thread on the Economics board.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=122358.0

Try your hand at creating an ideal budget and share your results. I believe these sims can give us an idea of what works and what doesn't in making Atlasian (federal and regional) budgets workable and a fun source of debate over taxes, spending and deficits.

Give it a shot--its actually fun for political addicts like us! Cheesy

I tried them out. Thank you for putting everything together into one piece Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2010, 03:05:21 PM »

Does this silence mean you all are okay with the Infrastructure part? If so, moving on.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »

I'm pretty good with the Infrastructure portion. A-Bob, if I may ask, how did you come up with these numbers?

Virginia. And then considered how many more states we had. It's pretty hard since we are neither a state nor federal government to look off of either budget
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies