Louisiana: High-Education / High-Income Voters? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:21:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  Louisiana: High-Education / High-Income Voters? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Louisiana: High-Education / High-Income Voters?  (Read 1288 times)
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« on: January 17, 2019, 08:55:36 PM »

I was wondering if anyone knows more about the voting pattern in Louisiana especially around urban / suburban areas. I don't know Louisiana at all, but for an area that has a fairly significant city (New Orleans) I am surprised there was no discussion of any swing towards Hillary in 2016 or possible shifts in congressional seats. Are there any of the high-education / high-income suburbs that swung towards Democrats in 2016 or 2018 in Louisiana?

I only ask because it seems that there was discussion about the Little Rock-based seat in Arkansas moving towards Democrats, in Mississippi Espy had a relatively close election thanks in part to swings in the Jackson area, and obviously Georgia, Texas, and even Oklahoma had some pretty impressive results for Democrats.

So what's up in Louisiana? Can someone with more knowledge explain in more detail what happened in 2016 there? And what are the best pathways forward for Democrats? Also what was John Bel Edwards's path to victory and hopefully to re-election?
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 07:29:12 PM »

Thank you that was very helpful. I hadn't thought about looking into Baton Rouge. It just seems like there just aren't that many high-income voters in Louisiana which I guess isn't too surprising.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies