FL: Crist leads Rubio by 11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:28:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL: Crist leads Rubio by 11
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL: Crist leads Rubio by 11  (Read 2865 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2010, 05:01:02 PM »
« edited: June 20, 2010, 05:09:07 PM by Lunar »

There are lots of folks who like Republicans but hate the Republican establishment. I imagine Rubio could really fire up his supporters by portraying Crist as the vanquished puppet of the evil party establishment, at least as much as he could by portraying Crist as a liberal.

Yeah, but that only works in primaries.  The argument you describe is too complicated for a political point, it's not easily digestible, as Rubio is now the candidate of the evil party establishment.  There's no foundation for Rubio to make the anti-GOP establishment argument in the general election.  

I just don't how "vanquished puppet" is a winning argument, except in political circles like this forum, it's actually a contradiction.  If he's an establishment puppet, why is he vetoing GOP bills and running as an Independent?  If he's vanquished, why is he leading in the polls?

Good political arguments are simple.   They don't involve rhetorical pivots, hypotheticals, etcetc.    A political argument, just like branding in the private sector, conveys an essential message.  Obama, to the frustration of his opponents in '08, took this to heart and really let two, yes, two, words define his entire existence for swing voters and to motivate the faithful.   The fact that I don't even have to say what those two words are is evidence enough of their effectiveness.

Rubio's winning arguments are taxes and jobs, he's not going to win if he makes complicated criticisms of one of his two opponents key to his campaign.  I haven't studied the subject, but it'd be my guess that negative campaigns are far less effective in a three-way brawl, as negative campaigns always reduce the likability of the attacker in the hope that the attacked candidate will be hurt more.   
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 05:09:45 PM »

Is this poll not database worthy? Or is it a non-major polling company so it isn't added?
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 10:24:25 PM »

Fix'd.

Honestly, you prefer that neo-con Rubio over a moderate like Crist?

Repaired. Wink

I prefer that fiscal conservative Rubio to that fiscally liberal political opportunist Crist.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 11:23:58 PM »

Fix'd.

Honestly, you prefer that neo-con Rubio over a moderate like Crist?

Repaired. Wink

I prefer that fiscal conservative Rubio to that fiscally liberal political opportunist Crist.

I prefer the common sense bipartisan thinker to that million dollar in debt, foreclosed financial mess.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies