North Carolina 2012 Congressional Races (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:02:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  North Carolina 2012 Congressional Races (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: North Carolina 2012 Congressional Races  (Read 36127 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 14, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »

What do you think will happen to McIntyre and Kissell?

Well, they're both tracking rightward in terms of their votes; neither has endorsed Obama and I hear they might not even be in Charlotte for the DNC.

I say McIntyre is a modest favorite; his biggest obstacle will be Rouzer's strength in Jonhston county. However, if he makes it past this election, I think he can make inroads there, as its sent Etheridge to Congress for years. McIntyre has a very strong track record on veterans and military issues, which helps him win over voters who normally vote Republican.

Kissell is probably a tossup; he has great blue-collar appeal which helps him in the rural areas. He's also been endorsed by the NRA each time he's run.

I dont get how Republicans were able to remove Johnston county from NC-02(which gave Ellmers her entire margin of victory in 2010) without making that district much more Democratic.

Most of Ellmers' CD is new territory.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 02:44:19 PM »

Assuming Rep. Mike McIntyre survives the recount process, he looks to be the lone white Democratic survivor in a state that has gone Republican..  

The question is, will he want to run for another term in 2014 against another strong Republican challenger?  Or will he rather retire, letting his seat go GOP as well? 

I have a guy feeling that McIntyre won't retire next cycle. Rouzer could run again, but he might bd viewed as damaged goods. Ditto with Pantano; if he ran in 2014, that would be his third run for Congress.

There are a few others from the Assembly who could run in 2014:

- Sen. Thom Goolsby (New Hanover)
- Sen. Bill Rabon (Brunswick, Pender, Bladen)
- Rep. Rick Catlin (New Hanover)

Have you both forgotten my Rep. David Price (NC-4)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies