JB Pritker trailed congressional Democrats in the collar counties (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 03:48:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  JB Pritker trailed congressional Democrats in the collar counties (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JB Pritker trailed congressional Democrats in the collar counties  (Read 3526 times)
Ye We Can
Mumph

« on: November 09, 2018, 10:16:53 PM »
« edited: November 09, 2018, 10:21:00 PM by Mumph »

Rauner did better than I thought he would tbh. Pritzker's gonna be a terrible governor (really anyone who would be IL gov right now is gonna have a terrible time of it) so Dems should just hope they made enough gains to offset the inevitable backlash when the state falls apart.

Also your analysis of downstate is flawed. The fact that Bost won comfortably against somebody who would of won easily like 6 years ago should say something about how far that district has trended. Davis could lose, sure, but it won't be because of regular IL downstaters it'll be because the college vote outvotes R's.

Honestly depends on what the districts even look like in the next decade.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 04:03:04 PM »

Of course. Pritzker is trash and Rauner despite his failed tenure as governor was a pretty good fit for the Collar Counties.

I wish IL Dems could've nominated a strong candidate like Obama or Duckworth to make the IL GOP suffer even more. Maybe they could've dragged Rodney Davis down in the process.

I'm still sore about Rodney Davis just barely hanging on. Pritzker lost counties like McLean and Sangamon while Betsy Dirksen Londrigan won them, so I kind of blame Pritzker just a little. If we'd had someone not completely disgusting at the top of the ticket, she may have picked up the couple thousand votes she needed to win.

come on its pretty obvious Daddy Madigan will gerrymander the 12th and the 13th as it wouldn't remove dem areas for other districts.

What? The 12th and 13th are already gerrymandered to elect a Democrat. There aren't any D areas to add without giving up on at least one of them and drawing some disgusting monstrosity for the other.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »

Incredible that Pritzker won 13 but Londrigan couldn't pull it off. Davis is not popular.

I mean he isn't popular in the town's but everyone in the nobody counties likes him
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies