2004 Election Game (gameplay thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:42:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Election Game (gameplay thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 Election Game (gameplay thread)  (Read 6187 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 23, 2018, 01:04:55 AM »
« edited: December 23, 2018, 07:26:13 AM by NewYorkExpress »

Hillary Clinton debate answers

1.Let's be honest about why we invaded Iraq. It had nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction, as none have been found, but removing Saddam Hussein from power. Now that this has been accomplished, I see no reason for American troops to be in Iraq, and I would instead increase our troop presence in Afghanistan, where we are in danger of losing that war, and where we have yet to find Osama Bin Laden.

2.Groups like the NRA have to learn that gun control does not equal taking away guns. That is what is not permitted by the second amendment, not common sense restrictions like banning certain types of guns, and banning people on the terrorism watch list from having guns in the first place.

3. I would argue that my combined experience as the most powerful First Lady in history, and almost four years as a U.S Senator are more total experience than Senator Lincoln or Senator Edwards's almost six years as Senator. And don't get me started about Governor Fletcher, who may have six years as a Congressman, but he just got elected Governor...or Mayor Giuliani, who only can hang his hat on 9/11 as relevant national experience. And Pastor Phelps or Mr. Trump? They literally have no experience in national politics at all!

So, in conclusion, while I'm not the most experienced candidate running...I have more experience than half the field, in both parties, and people who doubt me should remember that.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 01:14:11 AM »

New Endorsements for Senator Clinton

Former President of the United States Bill Clinton (D-AR)

Former Governor Ann Richards (D-TX)

President Clinton will be campaigning in Iowa, Governor Richards will be campaigning in Iowa and Texas.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 03:44:35 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2019, 08:19:05 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton

December 22, 2003

Speech in Ankeny, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

I've longed dreamed that I would be the first female President of the United States...but if isn't me, I suppose I can happily settle for Senator Lincoln, or Governor Shaheen. I mean, the goal is making history right? It doesn't matter who is first, as long as someone is, right?

Meet Voters in Polk City, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Pleasant Hill, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Speech at Metro Ice Sports Arena, Urbandale, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

I'm to believe the NHL is having financial problems, and the fighting between the union and the ownership may lead to either a strike or the lockout of the players next season? Well, obviously, I'm all for a deal being reached before next season, and I'll remind both owners and players that whatever you do, doesn't just affect fans in one country, it affects fans in two. I don't believe Hockey fans, either here or in Canada will be particularly pleased if there is labor unrest in their sport.

Meet Voters in Van Meter, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

December 23, 2003

Meet Voters in Adel, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Waukee, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Speech in Clive, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Look, I know I voted for the No Child Left Behind Act, but you know, when only two other Democrats are voting against it, it is hard to vote no. However, we have now seen that this doesn't work. Expecting one hundred percent of students to be successful was and is a fallacy, and as President, I will submit legislation to Congress to replace the No Child Left Behind Act with something more realistic.

Speech in Altoona, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

People are still trying to cast blame for Vice President Gore's loss in 2000. They say he picked the wrong running mate, or that he didn't expand the map well enough, but I've got a different theory. My husband left office popular-he had approval ratings of close to seventy percent when he left office. So when the Vice President decided distance himself from my husband, presumably because of Monica and all of the other women that have come up over the years, I believe he was making a huge mistake. The voters didn't really care that much about my husband's sexual improprieties, as his Vice President won the popular vote, and came within five hundred sixty seven votes from winning the Electoral College. If Vice President Gore had embraced my husband and his record, he would be running for reelection today, I have no doubt about it.

December 24, 2003

Meet Voters in Windsor Heights, Iowa

Christmas Eve Holiday Party with neighbors, Chappaqua, New York.

December 25, 2003

Rest with friends and family, Chappaqua, New York

December 26, 2003

Attend Motor City Bowl, Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan

Meet Voters in Bondurant, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

December 27, 2003

Meet Voters in Grimes, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Speech in West Des Moines, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed in the Bush Administration. They lied to Congress about the rationale for going to war in Iraq, and they have continued to mislead us about said rationale, as well as just how long American troops will be there. This nothing short of a high crime and misdemeanor for both President Bush and Vice President Cheney. On top of that, someone in the White House, likely either Vice President Cheney or President Bush, ordered the leaking of a CIA operative's name and undercover work to get revenge at her husband for not backing them up in rushing to war against Iraq.This is is also a high crime and misdemeanor for both Bush and Cheney. As such, should an impeachment trial for either or both come up in the Senate before the elections, I will be voting to convict them. In addition, should Cheney win in November, I will put pressure on my colleagues in the House to impeach him for his role in these high crimes and misdemeanors, and I will vote to convict him in any impeachment trial should it come to that.

Meet Voters in Milo, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Winterset, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Speech in Boone, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

So, I feel like we are making history with three serious female candidates running for President...and after one of us breaks that glass ceiling, I think that Obama fellow running for Senate in Illinois would make an excellent President eight years from now, actually, if we want to break another barrier then. He's got an excellent backstory, he's already taken positions on the campaign trail that are in line with our party and, while it's yet to be proven, I believe he has the talent to win nationally.

December 28, 2003

Meet Voters in Huxley, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Nevada, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Story City, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

December 29, 2003

Debate, Des Moines, Iowa (OOC: The date/location are placeholders, because I had to put it somewhere on the calendar. If you want me to move it/remove it, let me know in the OOC thread or by PM)

December 30, 2003

Meet Voters in Webster City, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters in Stratford, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Speech in Fort Dodge, Iowa`(With Bill Clinton)

I remember back when we were trying to release our Health Care plan, the Republicans in Congress kept moving the goalposts on us, making it impossible for us to pass anything. So, as much as I would like to pass a health care plan that covers everyone, we have to keep in mind that Republicans, and the Pharmaceutical Companies, will want to as many people not on insurance as possible, and will move the goals, and rewrite the bill again and again to ensure that this happens.

December 31, 2003

Meet Voters in Badger, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Meet Voters, Rockwell City, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Push Ceremonial Button for New Year's Eve Ball Drop, Times Square, New York (With Michael Bloomberg-in capacity as Mayor of New York City- he has not endorsed Clinton)

January 1, 2004

Attend Cotton Bowl Classic, Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas (With Ann Richards)

January 2, 2004

GOTV/Robocalls in Iowa

January 3, 2004

GOTV in Iowa
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 10:57:44 AM »

The following ad airs nationwide

Vice President Cheney ordered the leaking of a CIA Undercover Operative's status and employment to the media as vengeance for her husband's belief that Saddam Hussein was not pursuing Uranium in Africa. This can only be called a High Crime and Misdemeanor and is an impeachable offense under the Constitution.

Call your Congressman and Senator to demand the removal of Vice President Cheney from office.

The previous was a paid ad from Hillary Clinton for President

The following ad airs in Iowa, Michigan, South Carolina and Nevada

Al Gore talks the talk on Global Warming and Climate Change, but he doesn't walk the walk. He flies around in luxury jets, drives expensive cars, eats meat, and uses extreme amounts of electricity. Is that really the actions of someone trying to save the environment?

Paid for by Hillary Clinton for President

The following ad airs in New Hampshire

In six years as Governor, Jeanne Shaheen never released her tax returns. What has she got to hide? The answer must be a whole lot.

Paid for by Hillary Clinton for President
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 02:30:05 AM »

Additional Endorsements for Clinton

EMILY'S List

There are three women running for President this cycle, and we are proud of all of them, but only one has fought for all women of all backgrounds for years. We are honored here at EMILY's List to endorse Hillary Clinton for President of the United States.

In a closely divided field, there were only a handful of candidates who we believe could be worth our endorsement. However, we believe it is time to make history and elect the first female President of the United States, and there is only one woman we believe can win in November. That is Senator Hillary Clinton. She has the right combination of experience and political talent to win, and govern, and we are proud to endorse her.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 11:49:23 AM »

And, just as a fair warning to you guys, I will not be on the atlas from Christmas up until at least January 1, as I am traveling for Christmas, so the game will "resume" when I get back. Saying that most of the candidates have posted schedules, I may begin Turn 2 tonight.

Ok, thanks. By the way, what primary schedule are we using? The real 2004 one? I was looking through it and I saw some important differences from the more modern one.

Yes.

Then DC should be the first primary

I'd also point out Iowa shouldn't be on January 3. It looks more like the 2008 schedule is being used, which could be difficult, but doable.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 11:44:13 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2018, 12:00:01 AM by NewYorkExpress »

Iowa strategy for Hillary Clinton

Iowa

Senator Clinton believes that at a minimum she can secure a top two finish in Iowa. In addition, a secondary goal, whether or not she wins the state, is to finish ahead of both Senator Lincoln and Governor Shaheen, in order to prove that she is the most viable female candidate. Iowa surrogates have been given instructions to attack both Shaheen and Lincoln, with emphasis on Shaheen, as her home state of New Hampshire is next, and Clinton would ideally like to prevent Shaheen from winning the state.

If Clinton does not win Iowa, the ideal situation is for either a John Kerry or a John Edwards victory.

Washington D.C
While Senator Clinton believes she can score a good finish in Washington D.C, she is not campaigning actively here, nor are her surrogates due to D.C's low amount of delegates. Clinton's primary goal,regardless of finish is to finish ahead of Senator Lincoln and Governor Shaheen, and the attacks made in Iowa are believed to be helpful in that regard.

The ideal situation for Clinton is that none of Gore, Shaheen or Lincoln win in D.C.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 11:56:25 PM »

Bill Clinton responds to Rudy Giuliani on experience, Detroit, Michigan

Mayor Giuliani, eight years as Mayor, even of a city as complicated as New York City, is far different than being President of the most powerful country on the planet. There are so many issues you deal with as Mayor that just aren't relevant on a national stage.

Besides, every other word out of your mouth is "noun, verb, 9/11". How do you think that would play out on the world stage, when we already have foreign governments who don't like us because of our cowboy diplomacy after 9/11/01.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 03:18:59 PM »

New Endorsements for Hillary Clinton

Governor Ruth Ann Minner (D-DE)

Senator Tom Carper (D-DE)

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 04:30:48 PM »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton

January 4, 2004

Meet Voters in Sheldal, Iowa (With Bill Clinton)

Attend 2004 Sugar Bowl/BCS National Championship Game, Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana

January 5, 2004

Meet Voters in Pilot Mound, Iowa

Meet Voters in Beaver, Iowa

Meet Voters in Luther, Iowa

Meet Voters in Maxwell, Iowa

January 6, 2004

Meet Voters in Colo, Iowa

Meet Voters in Zearing, Iowa

Meet Voters in Runnells,Iowa

Meet Voters in Pleasant Hill, Iowa

January 7, 2004

Speech in Altoona, Iowa

For years we've listened to other states complain about Iowa and New Hampshire always going first in the primary process. Unfortunately for you, that process has worked since 1972, and simply isn't going to change just because a bunch of other more populous states think otherwise. My ideal primary process would set five territories apart from everyone else at the beginning of the cycle- Iowa, New Hampshire, Texas, Louisiana and Puerto Rico.

Meet Voters in Alleman, Iowa

Meet Voters in Norwalk, Iowa

Meet Voters in St Marys, Iowa

January 8, 2004

Speech in Indianola, Iowa

Any serious candidate who intends on running for President these days has to have a vague idea of who their running mate will be from the moment they get into the race, and Senator Kerry, Senator Lincoln, and Senator Edwards all seem like good picks to me...

Meet Voters in New Virginia, Iowa

Meet Voters in Carlisle, Iowa

January 9, 2004

Meet Voters in Ackworth, Iowa

Meet Voters in Martensdale, Iowa

Meet Voters in Hartford, Iowa

Meet Voters in Clive, Iowa

January 10, 2004

Meet Voters in Bouton, Iowa

Attend College Basketball Game, Hilton Coliseum, Ames, Iowa

January 11, 2004

Meet Voters in Granger, Iowa

Meet Voters in Dallas Center, Iowa

Meet Voters, Minburn, Iowa

Meet Voters, Redfield, Iowa

January 12, 2004

Meet Voters in Grimes, Iowa

Meet Voters in Mitchellville, Iowa

Speech in Newton, Iowa

I know what the conventional wisdom is saying. I should be in D.C right now! But Iowa, you have more delegates, therefore a win here is more important, and besides, I don't need to do well in D.C to continue on. I need to do well in Iowa.

January 13

Phone Bank for D.C, from Dubuque, Iowa.

Watch D.C results/Election Night event, Grand River Event Center, Dubuque, Iowa.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 06:36:53 PM »

I intend to...at least for the next few primaries/caucuses, but I wouldn't shed a tear if the game dies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies