NV-4: Rep. Ruben Kihuen accused of sexual harassment, announces retirement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:14:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NV-4: Rep. Ruben Kihuen accused of sexual harassment, announces retirement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV-4: Rep. Ruben Kihuen accused of sexual harassment, announces retirement  (Read 12749 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« on: December 01, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »

These are probably the least severe at of all the sexual harassment claims we've seen. Asked her if she had a boyfriend? Put his hand on her thigh? Bad, creepy, but really not resignation worthy.

Any sexual harassment by a public official is resignation worthy.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:37:59 AM »

I really can't understand one thing in all these "sexual harrasment" cases: what happened to presumption of innocence? Until now my feeling was that a person is NOT guilty until COURTS prove it's guilt. Now, after almost EVERY accusation of "inappropriate behavoir," we hear "Resign!" immediately. No courts at all. In general - why everyone takes these accusations as bona fide "truth"? I know many cases where alleged victims lied (even in court), held grudge against accused, even cases where "victim"  accused (a man in that case) after sex (consentual) of rape simply because he refused to marry her.

Presumption of innocence is for legal proceedings, and should remain there. There's absolutely no precedent for the presumption of innocence in the court of public opinion.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 05:46:30 PM »

Why are democrats going to throw this seat away especially if they knew about this when he won last year.
Because sexual harassment is evil and a big deal. I don't think you understand how truly awful his actions were.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 12:33:09 PM »

For Christ's sake, Nancy, just throw him out by his ear.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 11:53:43 AM »

Ya god forbid we let the investigation go to its' conclusion before forcing someone to resign for something they deny.

Like goddamn in what world are accusations the same as convictions.

When like 8 unrelated women come forward, all of whom have had definite close contact with him, its incredibly unlikely that he didn't do it, esp considering how quickly and easily the fake accusations against Blumenthol and Schumer fell, and how little the word spread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies