Romney SLAMS Trump; first excerpts from speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:08:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Romney SLAMS Trump; first excerpts from speech
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Romney SLAMS Trump; first excerpts from speech  (Read 4551 times)
SillyAmerican
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2016, 10:34:37 AM »

I'm not sure the best way to reduce Trump's popularity is to have the loser from last cycle take jabs at the candidate. I mean, here's a guy that's completely plugged in to the establishment, the exact people that Trump supporters are pushing against. You really think that using Romney as the messenger is a good idea?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2016, 10:36:05 AM »

Low energy Mitt only helps TRUMP with this.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2016, 01:57:32 PM »

Mitt Romney delivered a well crafted and articulated speech. He actually made some valid points. But why was the speech made in the first place?  There had to be a purpose and I think I know his reasons for delivering the speech; to get himself some much needed face time and secondly he sees an ideal opportunity to be part of the process which will nominate a candidate "acceptable" the K - Street & Wall Street crowd and the donor class too. He sees himself as that individual who will "rescue" the Republican Party; it's nothing short of an elitist coup d'etat to circumvent the primary voters. These same voters who are registering dissatisfaction with the same element represented of Bush, Christie, Fiorina and Rubio.  The process has not yet run its course and already the shakedown is commencing. Trump committed to the rules of not contesting the election as an independent if he failed in the primaries. He did so in good faith; but it's obvious that the Republican establishment are trying a double - cross,  as they don't like the results. I never was a fan of Mr. Trump and I supported Jeb Bush and then Marco Rubio, but I am disappointed in the behaviour of the Romney, Rubio and establishment clique.  I don't  know the outcome of this nomination battle and my support will have to be earned in the final analysis;  if i fear what comes to pass, does so and someone other than a candidate on the ballot emerges as the Republican standard bearer I will strongly consider supporting Hillary Clinton and recommend her to my friends and associates.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2016, 08:42:22 PM »

Mitt Romney's speech, was a good and well delivered one and many valid points were offered. But the question which begs to be asked, why so and to what purpose? There is an answer and it revolves around Romney's desire to get much needed face time which he has; another reason is for Romney to position himself as the party's savior and he sees himself as "rescuing" the party. Here's an idea, allow the process to be completed and let the "chips fall where they may. Another point, Mr. Trump signed a pledge that he would not compete as an independent candidate.  He made the pledge in good faith. However the Republican establishment, the wall- street, K-street and donor class establishment, don't like the results and are attempting an elitist coup d'etat in an effort to circumvent the will of the voters. If there is a brokered convention, the party would be well advised to ensure one of the candidates competing in the primary process and not to attempt a shakedown and try to nominate Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan. The fact that Bush, Christie, Fiorina or Rubio are being rejected. While I didn't support Trump earlier on, I supposed Jeb Bush and then Marco Rubio. But 2016 won't be there year. I hope the Democratic process is honored,  I will recommend that my friends and associates to support Hillary Clinton in the General election.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2016, 11:54:49 PM »

The next stage of Romney's anti-Trump effort is here: He's doing anti-Trump robo-calls for the Rubio campaign, that are being used in all four of the states voting tomorrow:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/airasia-plane-crash/mitt-romney-records-anti-trump-robocall-marco-rubio-n533661

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies