Legislation Idea (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:27:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Idea (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Idea  (Read 2157 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: August 26, 2004, 11:44:26 PM »

I'm not a senator, but this gave me an idea that I thought I'd share, since I think it might work: rather than make it a flat number of posts required before someone can vote, what if we made it in proportion to how many months the person has been a member?  For example, maybe we could make it that the person would have had to make 20 posts per month of membership.  If the person had only been a member for one month, that person would only need 20 posts to vote.  If a person had been a member for 5 months, that person would need 100 posts to vote.  We could make the number of months round up, so that someone who had been around for less than one month would still need 20 posts to vote rather than 0.

This would make it so that a person would have to continually post in order to vote rather than just being able to get to a certain set number of posts and then sit on them until each election comes up.  Of course, it would also take more work than the current method, so there would be downsides.

Just a suggestion I humbly propose to our representatives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies