SENATE BILL: Amendment to the Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act (OTPD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:19:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Amendment to the Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act (OTPD) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Amendment to the Caucus Infrastructure and Formation Act (OTPD)  (Read 4065 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: December 06, 2011, 05:58:39 PM »

I realize I am not a senator, but is it ok if I post language amendments in this thread, and then one of you can officially sponsor them?

I'd be happy to introduce them on your behalf if you like.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 07:32:17 PM »

I won't vote for an amendment to the caucus bill that doesn't allow for caucuses to become non-partisan institutions if they so desire. It is a pointless and confusing restriction. Allow for both.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2011, 09:31:14 PM by Marokai Breakneck »

I'm not even fully understanding what big amendment we're needing here that necessitates reproducing the entire text of the original Act, since, as Bgwah has so nicely reminded me, it just became law yesterday. We needed an amendment because mostly of one issue; the registration confusion (and I was motivated to also want to amend it because of the ensuing confusion on who could join what caucus).

It just seems silly to me like we're back here debating this as if half the Act was fatally flawed needs rewritten.

I won't vote for an amendment to the caucus bill that doesn't allow for caucuses to become non-partisan institutions if they so desire. It is a pointless and confusing restriction. Allow for both.

The caucus bill literally became law yesterday. You agreed to accept the intra-party idea before. I don't think it makes sense to have this debate again. If the current way really ends up not working out, I'll reconsider. But it should be given more than a single day trial period!

I'm a little tired of being the nice guy that keeps agreeing to compromises that make no sense when some of you are being stubborn on anything I want to get passed. You forced a compromise on the ballot imitative Amendment that made it needlessly more difficult to get an initiative on the ballot. You forced a compromise on the caucus bill that has served to only confuse people and needlessly restrict membership. Napoleon, when he's not flinging out tabling motions like some sort of parliamentary gatling gun, is demanding stupid changes on election law in the Empowerment Amendment that barely matter (the amendment that you proposed a compromise that you won't even agree to yourself), but he treats it like a life and death change.

Even on non-reform bills, like the Post Office act, was apparently fine and not controversial enough to get any debate at all until the eleventh hour of the eleventh hour, when suddenly it got a ton of nays, all conveniently not on this side of the aisle.

So yeah, I'm being rather forward here and I'm developing an even shorter temper for this stuff. I'm sick and tired of every reform bill devolving into these ridiculous lines in the sand that my position always has to move to.

There has been numerous occasions already of people completely misunderstanding what this bill was about in trying to join a caucus of a party they can't actually join, and the more I try to think of a way to explain it to people, the more I realize that there really isn't any legitimate justification for why we have that restriction.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »

I don't get everything I want either Marokai. Most of my reform bills were shot down by your party, such as VP reform. I still think it is better to have a compromise to settle for than to have nothing at all. I do like to table sh**t.

What VP reform haven't you gotten? Surely you're not referring to the Amendment that was ratified and is now law?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 06:01:26 PM »

Nay.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 06:25:30 AM »

I asked no one to vote in any particular way on this bill at all, guys. MOPolitico has done that on his own terms.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 08:24:05 AM »

I asked no one to vote in any particular way on this bill at all, guys. MOPolitico has done that on his own terms.

Lol

Seriously; If I was going to get him to vote on this one way or another, I would've asked him to vote that way before he voted on this.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 06:04:51 PM »

Damn, I mistaken votes.

Aye (disregard by erroneous nay)

WHO INFLUENCED YOU!!

Tongue
Pages: [1]