Homophobic tweets from CNN's Kaitlan Collins' college years resurface
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:10:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Homophobic tweets from CNN's Kaitlan Collins' college years resurface
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Homophobic tweets from CNN's Kaitlan Collins' college years resurface  (Read 2299 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2018, 09:10:16 AM »

She apologized, move on. She was in college and not a 59 year old dude who bragged that he could grab any woman he wants to for being famous. The conservative doublestandard is ridiculous.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2018, 09:22:46 AM »

not a 59 year old dude who bragged that he could grab any woman he wants to for being famous. The conservative doublestandard is ridiculous.
I hate Trump as much as most people, but he clearly did not say what you think he said.   He was talking about a type of woman, not ALL women.  Yes, most of us would prefer such women didn't exist, but they do.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2018, 09:24:37 AM »

not a 59 year old dude who bragged that he could grab any woman he wants to for being famous. The conservative doublestandard is ridiculous.
I hate Trump as much as most people, but he clearly did not say what you think he said.   He was talking about a type of woman, not ALL women.  Yes, most of us would prefer such women didn't exist, but they do.

It literally makes no difference. Of course he meant women he finds attractive.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2018, 09:26:40 AM »

It makes all the difference in the world and no, he didn't mean women he finds attractive either.  It's weird how much you're not getting this.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2018, 09:31:07 AM »

Apologizing makes her look weak. Lost a lot of respect for her. I have that and a lot worse on the Twitter, and I would never apologize.
SCNCmod

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 12:13:37 AM »

There are much worse things in the world to worry about.  Its not even clear what the context was.  (even though I have never used this in a tweet- or in person) Its pretty unreasonable to villainize every person who had ever once used the world "fag" in high school or College.  And depending on her background- a teenager who contemplates being uncomfortable rooming with a lesbian... not exactly something that should define someone for life!

And regarding her apology- she said that is not how she feels... if you take her at her word- I am missing what is so bad about her apology.

Either way- certainly not a fireable offensive.
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 10:13:46 AM »

Not to put her home region (Alabama) on the first place, but... you know that you can leave some places but some places will never leave you. You can be a non-racist white person in Alabama, but you can be as well soaked with the culture of that state, and it can sometimes backfire, like in Collins case.

Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 03:16:53 PM »

CNN needs to fire Collins today.

I've said it before. Progressives are hypocrites for demanding the sacking of Bill O'Reilly and others at Fox News, and not demanding the sacking of individuals at more "progressive" institutions, like the New York Times, MSNBC and CNN.

Calm down, it was some stupid stuff she said when young. Should everyone who called each other "retard" or the n-word when they were teenagers get fired now? Give me a break. This social justice/court of public opinion crap is terrible, now both sides want to do it.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 03:22:37 PM »

I've said it before. Progressives are hypocrites for demanding the sacking of Bill O'Reilly and others at Fox News, and not demanding the sacking of individuals at more "progressive" institutions, like the New York Times, MSNBC and CNN.

Calm down, it was some stupid stuff she said when young. Should everyone who called each other "retard" or the n-word when they were teenagers get fired now? Give me a break. This social justice/court of public opinion crap is terrible, now both sides want to do it.

Yes, they should, and that's all that needs to be said about it.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2018, 03:29:03 PM »

Yes, they should, and that's all that needs to be said about it.

No it shouldn't and plenty needs to be said about. It's one thing if they tweet or say some garbage yesterday while on the job. That lady from Arenanet got fired for attacking customers, and that was justified. 

NO ONE. I repeat: NO ONE should have their lives ruined by some dumb thing they tweeted, posted, or said 10, 15, 20+ years ago.  Unless it was illegal, or was a part of an illegal activity would be the only exceptions.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2018, 08:47:41 PM »

It makes all the difference in the world and no, he didn't mean women he finds attractive either.  It's weird how much you're not getting this.

I'm sure you and Trump make very fine distinctions about exactly what so-called type of woman you are referring to. At least an actual practice.

Seriously dead man. You are a good poster  bordering on an atlas Institution. But Stop embarrassing yourself here
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies