some will find this cute, others won't (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:27:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  some will find this cute, others won't (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: some will find this cute, others won't  (Read 2324 times)
M

« on: November 13, 2004, 11:07:51 PM »

I have seen many, many, many. Are there really less of them in Virginia than in Texas? I know I've seen a few in Virginia. In summer of 2002 my family and I drove from Houston to Baltwash DC and back , along the way we saw plenty of gift shops with "the South will rise again" memorabilia, stars-and-bars T-shirts with slogans like "rebel rose", and in rural Georgia, the ever popular pre-Barnes flag. Not to mention the flag they fly officially in Biloxi...

Seriously, though, I have no problem with the Confederate flag; I view it as an expression of nationalism rather than racism, and the Southerners who proudly wave it equivalent to the "bon cop de falc" crowd in Barcelona. Of course, some, especially in the North, DO use it as a hate symbol, which complicates things. But the symbol itself is a perfectly legitimate part of the Southern heritage, and I don't see why it shouldn't fly over the SC capitol in Colmbia as long as it stays below the national flag.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies