Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:06:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 318178 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 10, 2018, 08:59:20 PM »

Interesting data! I didn't take into account that he may have voters who would cross over and vote R just for him*. Well needed reminder to take off my partisan goggles sometimes. Tongue

I do believe the Abrams campaign will be a positive as she attempts to bring out a ton of D-leaning low info voters** who wouldn't know Greene from a hole-in-the-wall and they'll just select the D candidate.

*Interesting stat about how well Republicans do with blacks in areas that have a heavy military presence.

**Her GOTV operation will center on these type of voters.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1501 on: March 11, 2018, 10:37:43 AM »

Interesting data! I didn't take into account that he may have voters who would cross over and vote R just for him*. Well needed reminder to take off my partisan goggles sometimes. Tongue

I do believe the Abrams campaign will be a positive as she attempts to bring out a ton of D-leaning low info voters** who wouldn't know Greene from a hole-in-the-wall and they'll just select the D candidate.

*Interesting stat about how well Republicans do with blacks in areas that have a heavy military presence.

**Her GOTV operation will center on these type of voters.

I believe black veterans (of which there are a ton of, its a tremendous road into the middle class) skew more GOP than blacks as a whole, as one would suspect, but I have no numbers to back this up.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1502 on: March 11, 2018, 08:08:51 PM »

Surge in candidates for Georgia offices this year: https://www.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/not-this-year-when-surge-candidates-seek-office-georgia/OJerpfGjCm7SLyOi3UUFnN/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1503 on: March 12, 2018, 07:36:11 AM »

I guess it would be unreasonable to expect Georgia Democrats to field candidates in every district, when historically they’ve done so poorly. Contesting 2/3 of the seats seems pretty ubimpressive, but I’ll take what I can get from here, especially since it seems like candidate quality is pretty good.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1504 on: March 17, 2018, 08:21:18 PM »

Abrams campaign has been battling the story of her owing $54,000 in back taxes. She has reiterated that the money is owed due to a period of financial hardship where she had to take on the medical expenses of her two parents.

https://politics.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/shocking-human-abrams-evans-grilled-young-democrats-meeting/FYNMxfy8yhHz9Jhe0kHEHM/

The Abrams campaign has also been reaching out to the Congressional Black Caucus to gain more endorsements from national black lawmakers. A senior aide for Rep. Yvette Clarke (NY-09) says there is an endorsement roll-out on the way.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/darrensands/in-the-tense-georgia-democratic-primary-stacey-abrams-made?utm_term=.gaOr7dwnJV#.pr5dMEzLaV

And with an endorsement of Stacey Evans expected from Mayor Bottoms in the near future, black Democrats are bracing themselves for the fallout:

One pro-Abrams Democratic donor thinks it is in Bottoms best interest to not endorse Evans:

My biggest take-away from the article was this:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/darrensands/atlantas-new-mayor-is-endorsing-in-georgias-democratic?utm_term=.ijwX1Lzqdj#.idepNAYLPe
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1505 on: March 18, 2018, 02:13:24 PM »

This whole entire Bottoms and Abrams thing is what I hate most about the Abrams campaign. Democrat primaries shouldn't become tribal where the blacks support the black candidate or the hispanics vote for the hispanic candidates. That's how we have expensive primaries, fractured electorate, and lose election.

I wish Abrams would reassess her campaign message and remind herself that this is "Georgia". I'm not even sure a campaign like this will win in Maryland and seems more like a ANC campaign in South Africa. I'm Black I get the whole historic nature of her candidacy but right now this campaign seem like the human incarnation of the Woke! section of #Blacktwitter were the conversation veer from struggling people in the Black Belt to whether Bruno Mars can sing R&B.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1506 on: March 19, 2018, 11:59:46 AM »

This whole entire Bottoms and Abrams thing is what I hate most about the Abrams campaign. Democrat primaries shouldn't become tribal where the blacks support the black candidate or the hispanics vote for the hispanic candidates. That's how we have expensive primaries, fractured electorate, and lose election.

I wish Abrams would reassess her campaign message and remind herself that this is "Georgia". I'm not even sure a campaign like this will win in Maryland and seems more like a ANC campaign in South Africa. I'm Black I get the whole historic nature of her candidacy but right now this campaign seem like the human incarnation of the Woke! section of #Blacktwitter were the conversation veer from struggling people in the Black Belt to whether Bruno Mars can sing R&B.

Yeah I totally agree. Bottoms should be allowed to support whomever she wants, no strings attached. She’s only been in office for a couple of months, I’m sure she’d rather get settled in and do her job than get dragged into some proxy fight. It’s her decision, we should respect her choice
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1507 on: March 19, 2018, 01:47:14 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2018, 01:51:14 PM by RFKFan68 »

The Abrams campaign was not quoted in that article. That was simply the opinion of a Democratic strategist and a Democratic donor. Evans has already been endorsed by two dozen elected black lawmakers who were under Abrams while she was leader and no stink was made about it. I truly doubt Abrams is expecting endorsements because of her race.

She is also not running on being the first WOC elected governor "first and foremost". It is not mentioned in any of her ads or the numerous policy proposals she has released over the past year. Everytime I have seen her asked about the potential of being the first she downplays it and turns the conversation to the state at-large and not just her. Some are seeing only what they want to see IMO.

ETA: Evans should be dropping her television ads this week or next. I'm interested in seeing if she can close the gap with an all-out ad assault. A PAC had some pro-Abrams ad on television a couple weeks ago. It was absolutely terrible and cheap and I'm glad it was pulled. I haven't been able to find it online. LOL.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1508 on: March 19, 2018, 02:28:17 PM »

The Abrams campaign was not quoted in that article. That was simply the opinion of a Democratic strategist and a Democratic donor. Evans has already been endorsed by two dozen elected black lawmakers who were under Abrams while she was leader and no stink was made about it. I truly doubt Abrams is expecting endorsements because of her race.

She is also not running on being the first WOC elected governor "first and foremost". It is not mentioned in any of her ads or the numerous policy proposals she has released over the past year. Everytime I have seen her asked about the potential of being the first she downplays it and turns the conversation to the state at-large and not just her. Some are seeing only what they want to see IMO.

ETA: Evans should be dropping her television ads this week or next. I'm interested in seeing if she can close the gap with an all-out ad assault. A PAC had some pro-Abrams ad on television a couple weeks ago. It was absolutely terrible and cheap and I'm glad it was pulled. I haven't been able to find it online. LOL.
Have you seen the Power Pac commercial recently. I know people on this forum haven't and I cant find it online. But in the commercial it shows the woman march, VA state senator Roem, Abrams saying I don't have to change my gender, my skin color, my hair to be govenor. And ends with a picture of Rosa Parks and Michelle Obama.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1509 on: March 19, 2018, 02:34:01 PM »

Have you seen the Power Pac commercial recently. I know people on this forum haven't and I cant find it online. But in the commercial it shows the woman march, VA state senator Roem, Abrams saying I don't have to change my gender, my skin color, my hair to be govenor. And ends with a picture of Rosa Parks and Michelle Obama.
Yes. I mentioned the commerical in my post. I thought it was awful. It also wasn't commissioned by the Abrams campaign. It's no different than the Latino Victory Fund commercial that the right tried to pin on Northam. Candidates can't control what "fringe" narrative their supporters want to advertise. I truly doubt Abrams will be taking Danica Roem and Linda Sarsour-led commericals to the airwaves.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1510 on: March 20, 2018, 11:54:29 AM »

Kemp says he will sign the toughest abortion laws in the country as Governor and if anyone wants to sue then “bring it!”

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/kemp-vows-outdo-mississippi-and-sign-nation-toughest-abortion-restrictions/82QEEBktHVKOkaG7qW7LII/?utm_source=politics_fb&utm_medium=social

Kemp v. Abrams will be epic if it comes to it.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1511 on: April 02, 2018, 07:45:17 AM »

AJC: Sparks fly at Georgia GOP debate for governor
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1512 on: April 02, 2018, 08:37:38 AM »

These guys are batsh!t insane
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1513 on: April 02, 2018, 10:27:21 AM »

Kemp says he will sign the toughest abortion laws in the country as Governor and if anyone wants to sue then “bring it!”

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/kemp-vows-outdo-mississippi-and-sign-nation-toughest-abortion-restrictions/82QEEBktHVKOkaG7qW7LII/?utm_source=politics_fb&utm_medium=social

What else can you really expect from a Republican from the Deep South, though?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1514 on: April 02, 2018, 10:35:11 AM »

Nathan Deal. He was a pretty reasonable governor, but these guys all seen like total assclowns.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1515 on: April 02, 2018, 11:03:46 AM »

Nathan Deal. He was a pretty reasonable governor, but these guys all seen like total assclowns.

I had very low expectations of Deal when he was elected, but have been surprised at how reasonable he turned out to be.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1516 on: April 02, 2018, 02:09:24 PM »

Yeah if I were polled I would say I approve of Deal's job performance even though I would never vote for him.

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1517 on: April 03, 2018, 11:22:54 AM »

The Working Families’ Party has launched an effort to reach out to 200,000 low-propensity African-American voters in support of Abrams whom they endorsed last year.

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-2018-abrams-aligned-progressive-group-launch-major-canvassing-effort/6aG47KUyTGhzfYEdArvLDO/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=politics_fb

Abrams’ candidacy, win or lose, has at least provided Georgia Democrats with a GOTV infrastructure they can use in 2020. This is so refreshing.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1518 on: April 04, 2018, 01:34:12 PM »

The Working Families’ Party has launched an effort to reach out to 200,000 low-propensity African-American voters in support of Abrams whom they endorsed last year.

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-2018-abrams-aligned-progressive-group-launch-major-canvassing-effort/6aG47KUyTGhzfYEdArvLDO/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=politics_fb

Abrams’ candidacy, win or lose, has at least provided Georgia Democrats with a GOTV infrastructure they can use in 2020. This is so refreshing.

I hope they realize that black people live in rural areas too
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1519 on: April 04, 2018, 03:41:46 PM »

Democrats are pumped up since the Mike Espy entry in the race.  The same factor can play out in the Georgia Gubernatorial race with Stacy Abrams
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1520 on: April 05, 2018, 11:55:18 AM »

Kemp tells the NRA they're "getting played" by Cagle.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1521 on: April 05, 2018, 12:09:15 PM »

I hope they realize that black people live in rural areas too
This. Big turnout from the rural black belt will be crucial to any Democratic victory in Georgia going forward, on top of crushing it in Atlanta and the Atlanta suburbs.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1522 on: April 05, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »

Why do Abrams and Kasim Reed hate each other so much?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1523 on: April 05, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »

Abrams has a great shot. All she has to do is keep Clintons margins in the suburb but do better in southwest Georgia among rural blacks. Especially if Cagle is the nominee. Evans appeals to EXACTLY what our party does NOT need to be, the suburban rich white people party. She would do as good or even better then Hillary among Atlanta suburbs but would probably do as poorly or even worse then Hillary in southwest Georgia.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1524 on: April 05, 2018, 02:10:50 PM »

Why do Abrams and Kasim Reed hate each other so much?
Abrams hates Kasim Reed? That makes me like her even more!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies