Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:33:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 318194 times)
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« on: February 26, 2018, 05:08:45 PM »

LOL Cagle. By all means, please push the Delta-employed white folks in Cobb, Forsyth, and Gwinnett out of your camp.  Tongue

What is the distribution of delta employees in Georgia actually? Is there a map anywhere of it?
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 02:36:47 PM »

Just found out that someone who is a family friend is challenging Rep. Gerald Greene (R) in a majority-black district in rural SW Georgia. Hillary won here 52-46, and Obama 2012 won here 56-43 (!) so clearly Abrams should provide enough coattails to help her over the line. Abrams will be opening two field offices down there in the coming weeks so I suspect the Democratic presence in the community to be strong over the next 8 months presuming Abrams wins the primary of course Tongue .

>Republican in majority black district

Lolwut
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 07:26:21 PM »

Abrams probably killed any chance of breaking thru with whites when she proposed this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/ga-politician-stone-mountains-confederate-carvings-should-be-removed

Wanting to alter one of the most popular attraction in the state seems so stupid.

Rule 7 of politics: soundbites/national news coverage or it didn't happen
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 06:03:14 PM »

latinos in gwinnett will spam the polls and make it a safe D county in the GOV race this november.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 12:24:41 PM »

If you have a chance can you do Henry? That’s a swing County with quite a few contested D primaries in districts where the R incumbents have had token or no opposition.

And also Newton County because I live there. Tongue

Thanks for the info!

Sure thing - I'm gonna finish up the southern metro later this evening, along with Augusta and Valdosta and maybe a couple of other counties.

Could you do Quitman and Fannin counties? I want to see how Obama-Trump Georgia and the northern rural counties are behaving
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 04:47:44 PM »

VA 2006
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 08:03:42 AM »

Based on that 40 county map I'm guessing that, in the blank counties, dems are marginally improving in the white southeast, losing in the black belt, gaining in the northwest, and losing in the northeast

I wonder why dems are underperforming 2014 in Richmond county. I understand the rural black counties as many black people have been moving out of them to a city / suburb, but why Richmond?

Also, what would happen to Georgia's politics if Amazon put a headquarters in Atlanta?

Atlanta-area whites would shift left faster than you can say "techie liberals"
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 12:10:27 PM »

I'm not going to ask for a map of it but is the story in Quitman repeating in the other Obama-Trump counties, at a glance?
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 08:07:07 AM »

Interesting that basically all of Earl Buddy Carter's district swung dem, even though the district has a strong white rural presence.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 09:21:10 AM »

The GOP collapse in Clinch county is hilarious

Why did that happen, since it was a major Trump country county in Georgia? (Both heavily GOP and swinging heavily GOP in 2016)
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 09:41:42 AM »

Starting to dig through the county-level demographic data for the primary...here's a teaser map, showing which racial group was the largest bloc in the Democratic primary (left) and the gubernatorial results (right):

Might look a tad familiar:

Why did Abrams do well in ultra-white northwest Georgia in the primary?
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 09:14:12 PM »

Starting to dig through the county-level demographic data for the primary...here's a teaser map, showing which racial group was the largest bloc in the Democratic primary (left) and the gubernatorial results (right):

Might look a tad familiar:

Why did Abrams do well in ultra-white northwest Georgia in the primary?

Did you mean Northeast Georgia? It's actually quite a bit whiter than Northwest GA (relatively speaking). Nevertheless, Evans had a home turf advantage of sorts in Northwest GA, or else Abrams would have probably done even better in the NW part of the state than in the NE. I would say Whitfield's 45% non-white Democratic electorate is a good indicator of that potential performance; it off-set the hometurf advantage Evans otherwise enjoyed among white voters in this region, which allowed Abrams to clear 60% (whereas she lost or was in the 50s in most of the rest of the counties).

yea
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies