Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:01:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 318171 times)
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 18, 2017, 11:08:27 AM »

Yeah I view 6, 7, and 12 as wave insurance, with the 6th district being the most realistic pick up. The 12th district has Augusta, Statesboro (Georgia Southern campus), and a few rural counties with substantial black populations. I think Laurens County, has an outright black majority, but goes Republican, because the whites are clearly over represented in the electorate. Evans (or Abrams) is going to have to do major outreach to rural blacks in the Southern part of the state. Those mythical rural white blue dogs are dead (literally and figuratively).

Would some of those rural whites come back to Barrow in a state-level race? I don't really see why not, particularly with Obama out of office. I thought Barrow won 6 Trump counties or something like that in 2012 (only one in 2014 though), and many of those were places that went for Romney or Trump by insane margins.
Probably... at least in large enough numbers for him to win the district.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 04:31:24 PM »

That was a huge misstep for Cagle. Probably a game changer. This means both the frontrunners in Cagle and Kemp are severely damaged goods. Maybe just maybe this is the year someone breaks through
2018 seems more promising for GA Dems than any year I can remember, that's for sure.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 10:27:21 AM »

Kemp says he will sign the toughest abortion laws in the country as Governor and if anyone wants to sue then “bring it!”

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/kemp-vows-outdo-mississippi-and-sign-nation-toughest-abortion-restrictions/82QEEBktHVKOkaG7qW7LII/?utm_source=politics_fb&utm_medium=social

Kemp v. Abrams will be epic if it comes to it.
What else can you really expect from a Republican from the Deep South, though?
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 12:09:15 PM »

The Working Families’ Party has launched an effort to reach out to 200,000 low-propensity African-American voters in support of Abrams whom they endorsed last year.

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-2018-abrams-aligned-progressive-group-launch-major-canvassing-effort/6aG47KUyTGhzfYEdArvLDO/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=politics_fb

Abrams’ candidacy, win or lose, has at least provided Georgia Democrats with a GOTV infrastructure they can use in 2020. This is so refreshing.

I hope they realize that black people live in rural areas too
This. Big turnout from the rural black belt will be crucial to any Democratic victory in Georgia going forward, on top of crushing it in Atlanta and the Atlanta suburbs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies