Swearing in of New Officeholders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:54:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Swearing in of New Officeholders (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Swearing in of New Officeholders  (Read 578784 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2016, 03:51:41 AM »

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

GO! PYRAMID OF DOOM!! CRUSH THEM WITH YOUR AWESOME POWER!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yg-mBgwLG4&feature=player_detailpage#t=167
[/quote]
[/quote]
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2016, 11:55:34 AM »

I, cxs018, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

The Senate doesn't start until Noon EST. 

Cris and I are still Senators until then. About five minutes. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2016, 02:25:37 AM »

I, North Carolina Yankee, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Supreme, Almighty, All-Knowing, All Seeing, Southern Judicial Overlord and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

homage to the Legendary John Dibble!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2016, 09:57:15 PM »

I, North Carolina Yankee, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Supreme, Almighty, All-Knowing, All Seeing, Southern Judicial Overlord and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

homage to the Legendary John Dibble!!!

Is this whole thing actually allowed? AFAIK, the Constitution only makes provisions for the existing Justices to be handled within the confines of the old game. I don't think the old game can elect a brand new Justice to fill one of the slots in the new game.

I thought the old South existed for two more weeks after consolidation. Spiral said it was time to swear in, so I did. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2016, 10:03:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am the lawfully selected and confirmed (by the people) Judicial Overlord for the South Region and will remain as such until the new Constitution goes into effect, which is only once the House and Senate have been seated. Unless I am missing another clause somewhere.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2016, 05:47:08 PM »

I, North Carolina Yankee, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Southern Regional Committeeman, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me God.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2016, 02:05:09 AM »

I, North Carolina Yankee, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Representative, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me God.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2016, 02:06:00 AM »

I hereby resign as a Representative in the House.

I, North Carolina Yankee, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, for the South Region of the republic of Atlasia, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia and the Constitution of the South, so help me God.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2016, 11:48:57 PM »

I hereby resign as a Supreme Court Justice.

I, North Carolina Yankee, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Vice President of the republic of Atlasia, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me God.

Always expected to end up in this post with a Laborite on top. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2017, 12:20:33 PM »

Effective upon President Blair's resignation becoming official:

I figured this is the best way to handle this since it appears Blair got delayed with his farewell address and resignation, and I will not be able to get online again until close to or after midnight.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2017, 01:10:47 AM »

Reposting this just to be safe.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2017, 12:00:27 PM »

I, North Carolina Yankee, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of People's Representative of the Atlasian House of Representatives, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Consitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2017, 02:50:52 AM »

I, TedBessell, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Fremont Senator, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

This has my permission, so I don't think it's against the rules?
Technically, the outgoing senator has no authority to override the provisions of the Fremont Constitution governing the length of senatorial terms. Of course, you can always resign, in which case I would appoint Ted to finish your term.

I'd be down for this, but I also don't mind remaining out of office for a few more days.

Has this been resolved? Senator LLR has a bill on the floor that needs sponsor input. This requires the status of Senators to be clear.

This reminds me of when Napoleon's manner of resigning put his Senate seat in limbo.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2017, 11:27:44 PM »

I, Clyde1998, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Atlasian People's House Representative, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Unless Drew resigned early, you cannot swear in until May 5th.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2017, 12:00:05 PM »

I, North Carolina Yankee, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of People's Representative of the Atlasian House of Representatives, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Consitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2017, 12:00:02 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2017, 11:30:39 AM »

I, Illiniwek, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of the Atlasian House of Representatives and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me God.

Updating the wiki history page is going to be just awesome. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2017, 08:26:31 AM »

And I was right. At least Truman did the easy parts and I only had to correct the part he did wrong. Otherwise that would have been ten times worse.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2017, 12:00:08 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2017, 09:31:19 PM »

I, TJ in Wisco, hereby announce my retirement from the Supreme Court of Atlasia.

It was a fun ride, but I can't put forth the effort to do the job well at this point. Simply too many responsibilities in life.

You were a great justice TJ.

Thank you for your kind remarks Siren! Smiley

You were awesome TJ. I was hoping you would give Opebo a run for his money. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2017, 09:30:47 PM »

I, Mike Wells, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

And I'm leaving this office.

It was a fun ride. Good luck Lok.
One year, almost to the day. That would make you the longest-serving regional executive since... bgwah?

Emperor PiT, October 2010 - April 2013.  Again from December 2013 until April 2014.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2017, 12:00:07 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2018, 12:08:08 AM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2018, 12:00:08 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2018, 03:23:24 AM »

I, Wxtransit, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Representative of the Atlasian House of Representatives, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me God.

Also, I realized I swore in one hour early. Guess that's what I get for living in CST. Tongue

I'll just quote it just in case if it wasn't official.

You weren't an hour early. You swore in an hour after 12:00 PM EST. Since CST is an hour behind EST, when you hit noon there, it is already one here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies