Obama's Secretary of Transportation: Ray LaHood (?!?) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:56:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama's Secretary of Transportation: Ray LaHood (?!?) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's Secretary of Transportation: Ray LaHood (?!?)  (Read 3328 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« on: December 17, 2008, 05:34:09 PM »
« edited: December 17, 2008, 05:46:34 PM by unempprof »

Well this is an environment-friendly administration so he will have to be mass-transit guy, whether he likes it or not. Smiley

I wouldn't call him the token republican though.  He is from Illinois, so maybe Obama picked him because he actually knows him and feels he's the most qualified for the job.  He's actually the third republican Obama has picked (the other two are Gates and Jim Ramstad as the Director of the Office of National Drug Control policy).  Ramstad btw was a terrible choice (IMO always).

The only cabinet secretary that hasn't been announced yet is the Secretary of Labor.  The favorite appears to be Mary Beth Maxwell (who would be the second lesbian in the administration after Nancy Sutley), but I have a feeling Obama will come up with someone totally out of leftfield.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 05:52:11 PM »

That's interesting because Granholm actually denied that she was considered for a cabinet post.  She's the democratic governor of Michigan so I assume she has a good relationship with unions, Maxwell however would have been a gutsier pick in my opinion.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 06:16:01 PM »

If Granholm gets the pick for Labor Secretary I will be very pleased.

Why?  I'm just curious, I don't know much about her and I wonder why you think she would be a good pick.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 06:21:36 PM »

Well yeah but how does that make her better than Mary Beth Maxwell or someone like Sebelius (who was also rumored for the post) and has often been praised by workers' organizations for her work in Kansas?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies