Moderate Republicans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:46:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Moderate Republicans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moderate Republicans  (Read 11898 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 29, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »

Any moderate Republicans on here? I'd just like to hear your thoughts on the present state of the Republican Party.
what is a 'moderate republican'? i have no idea what the 'center' even is in this country anymore as far as public opinion goes. obviously the washington insider definition of 'centrist' is bipartisan support for bombing sandboxes and giving more money to bankers. but that doesn't really count.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »

IndepndentTX, I'm not trying to debate over what's right and wrong, I'm trying to see why liberalization of laws regarding things such as marijuana, abortion, and gay marriage should be classified as "conservative". The only answer I've gotten is "he was called Mr. Conservative". My own views on the issues should probably go under political debate or individual politics. Only reason this specific debate is here is due to Mr. Peeperkorn's assertion. Thank  you for your input, though.
being for abortion has nothing to do with the right wing. abortion was quite common place in the ancient world, and legal for much of us history up until around the 19th century when it began to be more regulated. and there are quite a few on the right that favor abortion because it 'reduces crime or the welfare rolls'.  likewise marijuana was legal most of us history and really has virtually nothing to do with ideology whatsoever, although obviously there was and still is a distinct racial component to that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies